cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX200 calling a 796X phone

Tod Larson
Level 3
Level 3

Should an MX200 telepresence be able to call a 796X phone?  I though they would negotiate it as an audio call but instead the phone rings and then disconnects the call as soon as you pickup. 

Can I set the MX200 to do audio only calls in addition to the video calls.?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shkn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Todd,

MX 200 supports the audio codec’s like G.711,G.722,G.722.1,64/128 kbps MPEG4 AAC-LD and AAC-LD

And it is possible to initiate audio only call from the web interface.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Tod.  Looking at the MX200 web page under Call Control, you can see there that you can change it from video to audio.  It will connect at 64 k audio. 

One other question though, is the MX200 also registered to CUCM or is the MX200 registered to VCS with SIP trunk to CUCM?  If so, would be nice to know the versions if this is the case. 

VR

Patrick Pettit

Hi,

Is it possible to make a "MX200 to IP Phone 9971" video call?

How?

Regards,

Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma

shkn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Todd,

MX 200 supports the audio codec’s like G.711,G.722,G.722.1,64/128 kbps MPEG4 AAC-LD and AAC-LD

And it is possible to initiate audio only call from the web interface.

Friend,

Let us know the whole path of the call (VCS, SIP trunks, CUCM) including the software version of the elements involved in.

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Got it figured out. I had my regions configured to do G729 between the MX200 and our desk phones. When I set it for G722 then all was well.

Thanks for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: