Helpful
Replies

MX300 support on CUCM 8.6.2

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

MX300 is not listed in CUCM ver 8.6.2

I think device pack required in-order to support this devices.

Suppose if i install device pack "cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.23047-1.cop.sgn" or later.

It will upgrade all the other phones firmware loads.

Problem is, we dont want to upgrade other phone models firmware. we just want add device pack for MX300

Is device pack for only MX300 available from cisco site or TAC ?

Also if I add any device pack for new device support, then cluster reboot is mandatory ?

MX300 is runing ver TC 5.x

Pls. suggest

Thanks

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tyler Wilkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rajesh,

What's the exact version of CUCM you're running? The quick reference guide documents that you're required to use the device pack if you're under 8.6.2.21020. You will need to reboot each server in the cluster (after installing the device pack onto all of them) in order for MX300s to be able to register to the cluster afterwards. There is no other way I know of that would give you MX300 support such as a pack solely for the MX300, besides upgrading CUCM itself.

As for the default phone loads that would be upgraded, the release notes of the 8.6.2 device pack say in the uninstallation instructions that while you can't remove the pack, you can reset the default phone loads to their original values. You should also be able to manually set the individual phone loads on each device profile to prevent it from using the default if that's feasible.

Tyler Wilkin

TAC TelePresence

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Tyler Wilkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rajesh,

What's the exact version of CUCM you're running? The quick reference guide documents that you're required to use the device pack if you're under 8.6.2.21020. You will need to reboot each server in the cluster (after installing the device pack onto all of them) in order for MX300s to be able to register to the cluster afterwards. There is no other way I know of that would give you MX300 support such as a pack solely for the MX300, besides upgrading CUCM itself.

As for the default phone loads that would be upgraded, the release notes of the 8.6.2 device pack say in the uninstallation instructions that while you can't remove the pack, you can reset the default phone loads to their original values. You should also be able to manually set the individual phone loads on each device profile to prevent it from using the default if that's feasible.

Tyler Wilkin

TAC TelePresence

Dear Tyler Wilkin

Thanks for the information. Exact CUCM version is 8.6.2.20000.

Definately I need Device pack.

As you mentioned, I will copy the values on other filed of the phone and restore it afterwards in-order to avoid phone load upgrade.

Thanks

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

Dear Tyler Wilkin

If I install "cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.23047-1.cop.sgn" or later. do I need to install Jabber video COP file cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn" separately ? Or it is included in "cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.23047-1.cop.sgn" or later. ?

For Jabber 9.x cisco document says COP file is required for video on cucm 8.6.2 later

Waiting for your response.

Rgds

Rajesh

Dear Tyler Wilkin

Do you have any feedback on the above COP file query ?

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

Hi

I have added COP file. I am getting MX300, but it is not registering.

TANDBERG was so simple and accurate. With Cisco CUCM adding one device is like big Advanture...!

CUCM System version: 8.6.2.20000-2

MX300 TC5.0.1.275220 

I have configured SIP URI 1343@cucmip, Proxy IS cucmip

on MX 300 status is failed

getting below error,

Feb xx 12:56:14 (none) main: 121.61 DnsLocator I: locate(): we've failed, give up for now
Feb xx 12:56:14 (none) main: 121.61 DnsLocator I: locatedAt() ipv4 unspec , port 536870911

Pls. suggest.

HI Rajesh.  Adventure indeed! 

Probably need to see the configuration of the MX.  When you register the MX to CUCM, can you run the provisioning wizard on the touch panel and configure it to talk to CUCM?

Couple of things to check:

1) Make sure DNS can resolve CUCM host name if presented

2) I've seen SIP outbound being enable causing problems.

If after running provisioning wizard from touch panel fails, can you navigate to the logs page and post the all.log so we can have a look?

This small snippet is the DNS Locator function failing to resolve something, but there isn't enough here to draw a conclusion. 

VR

Patrick

Dear Patrick

Problem is resolved. Able to register MX 300 with CUCM.

I think time mismatch was the issue. Syncronized CUCM and MX300 time though NTP. Then it got registered.

I guess this could be the issue.

Rgds

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

In answer to your question about whether you need to install "cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn" separately from other device packs/upgrades applied to a CUCM 8.6.2 server, yes, this need to be installed in addition.  See more in this section of the Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.1.x Server Setup Guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1/JABW_BK_E4CC9599_00_environment-configuration-guide_chapter_01.html#JABW_TK_IC76F98F_00.

Thank you,

Paula

do I need  to install Jabber video COP file cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn - See more  at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3861668#3861668

Jabber video COP file cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn

Jabber video COP file cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: