cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX300 Touch Device Not Powering ON

Mahesh Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

After installing the new MX300 CTS system it got powered ON & touch panel was shwoing language page, later it was not downloading the software from Codec, so i restarted the codec from the switch behind the panel. After that touch panel is not turning ON, no any light glowing, no response from it and some times only one led on volume control lids.

Please help to reslove the issue?

Software version: TC6.0.0.876266

Regards,

Mahesh

7 Replies 7

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mahesh,

I think you can try to factory reset your touch device. Try this procedure:

• The Cisco TelePresence Touch device can be factory reset by pressing the exclamation mark, at the bottom right corner, for 10 seconds until it lights up, then press the mute button twice. The touch panel should reboot after a couple of seconds with factory settings.

If the touch panel does not work even after the factory reset, I suggest you to go ahead and open a TAC request. TAC team will probably open a RMA to replace the touch device unit.

Additionally, I think you can try to use the touch device in another MX300 endpoint, if you have another, so you can make sure that the problem is really related to the touch device and not to the codec itself.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Actually the touch device is not powering ON at all.

Regards,

Mahesh

In this case, can you try to connect the touch device to another MX300? If the touh device doesn't work with another MX300, then you can come to conclusion that your touch device is really faulty.

I suggest to open a TAC request. TAC team will probably replace the faulty touch device via RMA.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi, after opening TAC request i received annew touch device. Thanks

But i see some of touch devices hang and not respoinding for couple of times and for fixing this issue as work around i login to web interface and restart the codec.

What could be the reason of this or any bug or any fix available?

Hi,

are you using SW >6.2? We have similar problems with the touchpanel and the best firmware to resolve that is 6.1.2.

christian

- Please rate helpful posts -

Nope, we are using TC5.1.6.298375.

Never head problems with that SW version. Do you have a Realease Key for TC6, perhaps try a newer software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: