Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

need login username and password for VCS ova....

hello guys,

I download the ova file and intall it in my VMware workstation, while I power it up, I found I do not konw the username, password and ip address to access it......

can u help me to find the information?

thanks in advance.

Downloads Home

Products

TelePresence

TelePresence Infrastructure

TelePresence Applications

Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS)

Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server Model

TelePresence Software-X7.1

Cisco VCS X7.1 (AES) VM version - use .ova for initial VM install only

s42700x7_1_0.ova

Download Software - Cisco Systems

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283733603&reltype=latest&relind=AVAILABLE&dwnld=true&softwareid=280886992&rellifecycle=&atcFlag=Y&release=X7.1&dwldImageGuid=1A5BC8EC458139DF4107C70B2B323264F2CA245E&flowid=22561

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: need login username and password for VCS ova....

It won't have an IP address by default. You'll need to go in through the console in VMware, log in as admin. the default password is most likely to be TANDBERG then run the wizard to change the password and set an IP address.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

It won't have an IP address by default. You'll need to go in through the console in VMware, log in as admin. the default password is most likely to be TANDBERG then run the wizard to change the password and set an IP address.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi guys, I am trying to install VCS X7.2.2 but when I introduce the user "admin" I recive the message: "Permission denied". please somebody helpme

VIP Purple

Have you deployed the VM according to the deployment guide, and configured it as such?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Virtual_Machine_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

If you have a screenshot of the VM console, might help to troubleshoot.

Hi Patrick,

Yes im deploying according the DG in a VMware ESXi ESXi 5.1 enviroment with the OVF template that I downloaded from CISCO. I recieve this output in the virtual machine console:

I also tried install in a VMware workstation 9 without any problems and the only difference that I notice was that in the worksation 9, the OVF template create 2 disk partitions, but in my EXSi it doesn´t.

Thanks for the help

My apologies, in the ESXi virtual machine, the OVF template also creates 2 virtual disks, so the there is no difference on the configurations with the VM on workstation 9 that its installing without problems so my question is even greater why it does not work on my ESXi?

Hi Miguel!

Have you got the success to login to VCS?

I use VMWare WS 10.0.1 build-1379776.

VCS --- s42700x7_2_2.ova

cisco login.png

Just type:

cisco login: admin

Password: TANDBERG

If no, repeat it again.

KR

Andriy

THANKS 

THANKS 

Views