cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New C60 firmware 7.2.1 out - where's release notes?

jeremy smith
Level 1
Level 1

I got the email notification that there's a new C60 firmware out (7.2.1) as of last week, but I am not seeing any release notes on the Cisco website.  Am I searching in the wrong (but most obvious) places?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, but the point is, you shouldn't have to - and listing a link to the security advisory page where there are no mention of the software in question, instead of the release notes, really isn't helpful.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Only clue I can find is via the pop-up you get when selecting a product, it has a link which points to a security advisory:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-integrator-c-series/products-security-advisories-list.html - but I cannot find any reference to TC7.2.1 there either. :(

/jens

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try here: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc7/release_notes/tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne is correct, check the TC7 release notes linked in his reply on pg 13.  It covers the TC7.2.1 release.

Cisco hasn't been releasing individual release notes for every TC software release, they simply add to the existing release notes for that major version, so it's just a matter of sifting through the sometimes large and long document to find the version you're looking for, and at times, it might not be easy to find especially a security release such as TC7.2.1.

Yep - it's all in the release notes I linked earlier.

TC7.2.1 mentioned in:

• Document Revision History (Page 6)
  • Camera Firmware (Page 8)
  • New Features and Functionality (Page 13)
  • New feature descriptions (Page 14)
  • Resolved Caveats (Page 37)
  • Open Caveats (Page 50)
  • Software Filenames (Page 87)

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

No, but there's normally a link to the release notes in the software download area, either in the right hand corner above the download area and/or in the pop-up window. This time it was only a link to the security advisory page which was listed - which in turn did not have a single mention of TC7.2.1 in any of the bulletins - at least not when I looked. Pretty poor form on Ciscos part. :(

/jens

It's not too hard to find it though if you try ;)

Wayne
--

No, but the point is, you shouldn't have to - and listing a link to the security advisory page where there are no mention of the software in question, instead of the release notes, really isn't helpful.

/jens

Agreed- but it's also available on the Cisco web site - if you go to http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283613656&softwareid=280886992&release=TC7.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest, the release notes do appear in the section at the bottom of the screen, so it's not that difficult to find them if you're looking in the right places.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Never saw that section - maybe I should start scrolling so I see the whole page....

/jens

jeremy smith
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for helping me find the release notes.  I didn't realize that the PDF file was swapped to show the 7.2.1 notes.  I didn't look at that PDF file before today because the date next to it was old and I didn't realize that the "TC7" in the title implied a comprehensive set of all "TC7.0 through Current" release notes. I will say that it is a bit confusing with the "publication" date next to it being older, but now that I know how Cisco labels things on the Release Notes links on the software downloads pages, I will check there first next time.  Here is how the file containing (7.0 through) 7.2.1 notes is labeled on the 7.2.1 software download page:

Cisco TelePresence TC Software Release Notes (TC7) 2014-08-28

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: