cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No ISDN option on tandberg 770 mpx

amar031523
Level 1
Level 1
I was wondering if anyone knew why this is happening. Thanks.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need the Bandwidth Option Key to be able to use the ISDN on the MXP series endpoints.

But, as the 770 MXP devices (and their option keys) went end of sale in 2010, the chances of getting one now are pretty much zero.

You may have some luck getting one through your local Cisco Account Manager or the TAC, but I wouldn't count on it (I have been unsuccessful in a few attempts at getting option keys for end of sale units).

Given that device reached its last day of support in January 2015 - it'd be worth looking at replacing it with it with something more recent, and that has an available ISDN option.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

It's been a long time since I've dealt with ISDN options in general and 770MXP in particular, but if my memory serves me right, you need to have the bandwidth option key installed to get the ISDN option.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need the Bandwidth Option Key to be able to use the ISDN on the MXP series endpoints.

But, as the 770 MXP devices (and their option keys) went end of sale in 2010, the chances of getting one now are pretty much zero.

You may have some luck getting one through your local Cisco Account Manager or the TAC, but I wouldn't count on it (I have been unsuccessful in a few attempts at getting option keys for end of sale units).

Given that device reached its last day of support in January 2015 - it'd be worth looking at replacing it with it with something more recent, and that has an available ISDN option.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

amar031523
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks to the both of you. It's frustrating to know, how I was taught in my school for the military, does not apply to the field. A free for all of sorts on what equipment each unit uses. We were taught one thing and get to a unit and they have another. Then trying to connect with other units is incompatible because of different equipment at each end point. We got this one refurbed because our polycom went out and the other end was a tandberg. So logically we got the tandberg to have more compatibility. Had I known I would need a bandwidth key to enable ISDN-BRI, I'm sure this would have made a more educated decision. I'll have to find a way to get ahold of a key otherwise, it's a paperweight. Thank you for y'all's help.

If you're really lucky, you may have one, but it's not installed on the device due to a factory reset or similar. Plug the serial number in to the www.cisco.com/go/licence web site under Get Existing Tandberg Licence to see what keys you actually have.
Wayne

So I got something off the S/N. Not sure exactly what I am looking at and what to input for the key. Any keywords I should be looking for?

You're looking for something like:option key

The option key is listed to the right. If you do have this, then access the system through the web-gui, select the "System Configuration" tab, then "Software Upgrade" tab, enter the key in the relevant field:

You can, alternatively, add the key using CLI, just telnet into the system, type ? for a list of all commands and look for optionkey - typing optionkey ? will list usage.

/jens

The layout of the information on the licensing web page, and specific option may be listed slightly differently - Jens' was a 990 MXP, here's a screengrab of a 550 MXP - but essentially, you're looking for the one that says it's the BW Option and.or ISDN.

The "Original Release Key"s in the table are the ones you want to enter in to your codec.

Cheers

Wayne
--

Wayne

So I got back after a month long training of SysAdmin. So I am just now trying the keys that were given to me. Now I had them emailed to me and the only keys I got were option ones not bandwidth keys. So I am assuming I am SOL huh?

Yep, if you don't have a Bandwidth key, chances of getting one for the end of sale products is pretty well zero.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Soooo if the bandwidth key is not populating on what licenses I have....then its a no go huh?

As Jens said ;) He beat me to it by a few minutes.

Wayne

irfanilyas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amar,

If you want to do IP (H323 & SIP) to ISDN why not invest in one of Interlink Vision's virtual meeting rooms

http://www.interlinkvision.co.uk/cloud-hosted-video-services.html

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need more infromation.

Irfan