Views
Helpful
Replies

No phonebook on Cisco E20

VTCpeter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I seem to have an issue with the Phone Book coming from TMS to my Cisco E20.

Software E20: TE4.1.1

I have an account in my provisioning directory which can be used.

I'm able to register my E20 and make calls.

When I use this account on Jabber (Movi) I'm also able to search the Phonebook but not on my E20.

So Access Control settings seem ok.

If I'm not mistaking this should be possible even if my E20 is not added as a system in the system navigator right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Peter,

make sure you provision the following two configurations to your E20 to get phonebooks working:

Phonebook Server Type: VCS

Phonebook Server URL: FQDN of VCS

For this to work, the E20 must be able to reach the VCS via its FQDN. You can use the same VCS as you are using to provision the E20.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Peter,

make sure you provision the following two configurations to your E20 to get phonebooks working:

Phonebook Server Type: VCS

Phonebook Server URL: FQDN of VCS

For this to work, the E20 must be able to reach the VCS via its FQDN. You can use the same VCS as you are using to provision the E20.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Thanks Andreas,

I didn't include the phonebook server type indeed...

Be aware though that there is a difference between "Phonebook Server Type" and "Configuration Phonebook Server Type".

It needs the Configuration Phonebook Server Type.

Peter,

you are correct, for legacy provisioning you should use the 'Configuration Phonebook Server Type' and 'Configuration Phonebook Server URL' settings.

For TMS PE however, the relevant entries are 'Phonebook Server Type' and 'Phonebook Server URL' in the E20 template.

- Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: