Views
Helpful
Replies

No release key for endpoint update in TMS

Alex-ubic34
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

After a long search, I don't find information on the process of update release key for the endpoints in the TMS.

In TMS, some endpoints don't have license key for the update although they are under maintenance while others pick them up correctly.

When I run check for updates, I do not receive the release key.

The TMS server has internet access and worked at earlier

Before opening a ticket to the TAC, I prefer to ask for your expert advice.

Best regards

8 Replies 8

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alexandre!

Check your TMS > Configuration > Network settings and have the Service URL pointed to:

https://secure.tandberg.com/webservices/product/v1.0/Software/SoftwareService_ES

You could also try to access that URI from a webbrowser locally/remote-desktop from the TMS

to check if you can connect to it. It will most likely give you a "Bad Request" as the answer which is fine.

You should see a https (tcp/443) connection to 194.0.215.3 when you do the check for updates.

What to you see when you click on the check updates on the endpoints page in system navigator?

If it shows no service contract, maybe it just does not have a contract :-)

* If it does not show anything at all contact tac (you can also escalate this posting to a service request)

* If it shows wrong values contact your Cisco TelePresence partner or licensing@cisco.com

* If you have access to it you can also look up the licenses via http://cisco.com/go/license

Good success!

Alexandre: Please rate the answer using the starts below.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alexandre

TMS queries a backend api to get the release keys and contract information, all TMS's query the same API so if this goes down pretty much all TMS's out there would probably see the same issue. We see these minor issues from time to time that the contract info / rk does not show up in TMS. This could either be because the unit (as Martin in mentioning) has no service contrace or the contract has failed to be put in the backend db.

TAC has the procedure to get it resolved pretty quickly now so I will confirm Martin on this and also what you where thinking to open a TAC case. 

/Magnus

I've had ticket open with TAC for a similar issue since September 2011, they finally managed to partly fix it only a few weeks ago so at least the end-points now download new software and TMS reports correct RKs and software version for these.

They still haven't managed to figure out why this lack of provisioning problem is still going on with my three VCS as well as why TMS is not throwing up a TMS tickets when new software is available for JabberVideo (Movi) and TMS itself.

All of the above goes back to the db migration from TANDBERG to Cisco.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

"finally managed to partly fix it" :-)

Alex-ubic34
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

thanks for your quick answer,

the service URL in the TMS is ok.

when I try to connect in a browser to this URL, I have a ERREUR 400, that OK.

the ping request give me this IP 194.0.215.3, that OK.

and when I click on check updates on the endpoint page, I have Succesful and no updates.

I think that I will open a ticket for follow your advice.

/Alexandre

Hi Alexandre!

How did it go?

Alex-ubic34
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

I've open a ticket to the TAC and the support asked me a list of all endpoints serial number affected by this problem.
The support has check the service contract on each endpoint with a test tool and they seems look good.

He asked me to take a screenshot of the result of the "check for updates" for one endpoint and today I received the release key.

I don't know how neither why but the problem seems to be solved until the next major release.

The support just say :

I'm sorry, it's crazy when system behaves like this, but at least we have some progress here.

In all case, thank for your help

best regards

/Alex

Alex-ubic34
Level 1
Level 1

Martin,

could you please tell me how I can mark this thread as solved ?

/Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: