cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No video using ISDN and H263 (Cisco to Polycom)

Agile Support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could help explain this?

I have made several test calls over ISDN to a Polycom HDX from our Cisco infrastructure. From an Edge95 MXP or C20 both SIP and H323 calls negotiate okay using H264 and audio/video is present. If I use Movi/Jabber the call predominantly uses H263 and I do not get video back from the far end. Out of 10 test calls 8 failed and used H263 but strangely two succeeded because they negotiated H264.

Why would this be please? I can look at disabling H263 and take that path but that could lead to unforseen interop problems down the road. I would prefer to  determine why Jabber is favoring H263 when the Edge and C20 clearly aren't??

Any suggestions would be appreciated please

Regards,
Rich

2 Replies 2

Agile Support
Level 1
Level 1

And the latest software loads are on all devices.

I have tested this again this morning calling another site, this time time it's an Edge 95MXP behind a Polycom RMX by dialling e.164@IPaddress and I get exactly the same thing. From Jabber I could only successfully connect 2 calls out of probably 10 attempts. The successful calls connected using H264 (768*448) the failed calls just said 'no user responding and 'could not reach the far end' . From my test Edge 95MXP I can connect using H323 everytime.

Is this suggesting there could be a problem with the way the far end Polycom is negoitating an interworked call from us? Could it be an interworking problem on our VCS perhaps?

The issue incidentally is exactly the same for a company I know who have the same Cisco infrastructure as us (VCSc,VCSe,Jabber,C20's) who I asked to make some test calls... 

The issue appears to be an Polycom interop with Jabber, SIP, Interworking and H263/H264 but it's so intermittent I can't diagnose it.

Has anyone had similar issues please?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: