Views
Helpful
Replies

No video when connecting Cisco EP & Polycom EP with H.264

smilewonee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have tested to connect C40(and SX20) and VSX Series with H.264, and found something very strange.

Cisco EP has been upgraded to TC6.2 software, VSX Series has 8.5.3 version.

When connecting Cisco EP to VSX series with H.264 enabled on both,

we couldn't see any video on Cisco EP. It happens intermittently.

I assume that there was no miss-configuration.

I was also looking for the reference, documentation and known issue/defect regarding this issue, but failed.

Similar issues can be :

CSCue55707

or

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3574583#3574583

but there is nothing corresponded to it..

Is there somebody who has the same/similar experience with me? or somebody has a solution..?

If there is, please reply to me..

Regards,

Paul

3 Replies 3

Ola Dallokken
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul

In the calls when the C40 is not showing any video, can you confirm that the media from the Polycom endpoint reaches the C40?

Intermittent problems like you are describing are often caused by firewalls, and if you could describe the call setup that would be useful. Is the Polycom endpoint located on Internet, any expressways involved etc?

Regards,

Ola

Polycom endpoint is reachable on LAN. There isn't nay firewall or expressways involved.

and they use H.263 media instead of H.264 when connecting correctly.(It only happens Intermittently though)

Thanks,

Paul

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

We'd previously logged some bugs on this sort of thing (see this thread).  The issues we were experiencing talking to the Polycom devices was fixed in TC6.2.1 (and also remain fixed in TC6.3).  All our Polycom VSX devices were running 9.0.6.2 which is the latest version available that was released back in 2011.

So, first step, I'd upgrade your Cisco endpoints to TC6.2.1 or later and try again - if this doesn't work - bring your Polycoms up to the 9.0.6.2 version.  This has worked for others as well - see some other threads.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.