Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Odd registration behaviour with Jabber when enabling "Public Multiple Server Connections" in the TMSPE provisiong temaplate for VCS-E cluster

Hi all,

We have

TMS -           v14.2

TMSPE -      v1

Jabber -       4.6

VCS-C/E -    x7.1

We have a cluster of VCS-Es, but only one VCS-C per traversal zone. I had thought after reading the Jabber Admin Guide that the "Multiple Server Connections" options allow just that when you have a cluster of VCSs. So essentially Jabber would firstly register with with one of the VCS-E in the cluster, then be told about the others and then register with them, so maintain multiple connections to all available VCSs in the cluster.

Se, I have set the "Public Multiple Server Connections" parameter to "On". The user can now log on externally to the VCS-E and I can see multiple registrations to all peers. Great.

However, when the user come to register internally to the VCS-C, I get all sorts of weird problems. The user almost registers then fails.I see Presence cannot be update message in the system tray, but most annoyingly I see multiple phantom registrations on the VCS-C that I then have to de-register manually. So, does anyone knwo what goes on here?

Cheers,

Chris

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Odd registration behaviour with Jabber when enabling "Public Mul

Ner mind - figured this one out too. It would appear that I have to FORCE the "Multiple Server Connections" to OFF, when I have "Public Multiple Server Connections" ON.

I though the default was OFF and that the Public setting took defaulted to the normal setting, not the other way round.

Views
Helpful
Replies