cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd registration behaviour with Jabber when enabling "Public Multiple Server Connections" in the TMSPE provisiong temaplate for VCS-E cluster

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

We have

TMS -           v14.2

TMSPE -      v1

Jabber -       4.6

VCS-C/E -    x7.1

We have a cluster of VCS-Es, but only one VCS-C per traversal zone. I had thought after reading the Jabber Admin Guide that the "Multiple Server Connections" options allow just that when you have a cluster of VCSs. So essentially Jabber would firstly register with with one of the VCS-E in the cluster, then be told about the others and then register with them, so maintain multiple connections to all available VCSs in the cluster.

Se, I have set the "Public Multiple Server Connections" parameter to "On". The user can now log on externally to the VCS-E and I can see multiple registrations to all peers. Great.

However, when the user come to register internally to the VCS-C, I get all sorts of weird problems. The user almost registers then fails.I see Presence cannot be update message in the system tray, but most annoyingly I see multiple phantom registrations on the VCS-C that I then have to de-register manually. So, does anyone knwo what goes on here?

Cheers,

Chris

1 Reply 1

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Ner mind - figured this one out too. It would appear that I have to FORCE the "Multiple Server Connections" to OFF, when I have "Public Multiple Server Connections" ON.

I though the default was OFF and that the Public setting took defaulted to the normal setting, not the other way round.