Views
Helpful
Replies

Opening Webrtc link with CMS App

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Folks,

Is there a way you can open the Webrtc link received in the email invite to open via CMS app?

Currently when you click on that link it opens up the chrome or a browser, however I already had meeting app installed. Is there a way we can do that?

For one of the laptop i have seen it doing the same, but not for all machines.

Regards,

Alok

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Only method that I'm aware of is once you login to the WebRTC client, you can click the three dots next to "Join meeting" and under the "Launch desktop application" tab, you can click on a link that will open the CMA client.
Note, this is based on CMS 2.3.

Thanks Patrick, my understanding is the webrtc link will always opens up in browser doesn't matter if CMA app is installed or not, correct? 

However, what i heard from Cisco is that its possible to open webrtc link in CMA app. If the CMA app is installed webrtc link will be opened with CMA app and if not then it will use a browser or something for that. I am not sure how true is that, someone has experienced it before ?

Regards,

Alok

It may depend on the device the end user is using. Here's some notes I had stored from a while back (late 2016) relating to how the different platforms and browsers worked:

* on a Windows PC:
* Google Chrome uses WebRTC natively
* Firefox will launch the app if it is installed. If not, the user will access the meeting using the browser. (Note that Firefox is only supported as beta).
* Internet Explorer (IE9 or later), the Cisco Meeting Windows app launches (if it was installed previously) or is downloaded automatically. (Internet Explorer does not support WebRTC)

* on an iOS device, the Cisco Meeting iOS app launches if it is installed. If the app is not installed then a page is displayed with a link to the App Store

* on a Mac:
* Chrome uses WebRTC natively
* Firefox will launch the app if it is installed. If not, the user will access the meeting using the browser. (Note that Firefox is only supported as beta).
* with Safari, a dialog box will open. If the Cisco Meeting OS X app is installed, click on the Join call in app button. If the client is not installed, click on the Install Cisco Meeting for OSX button. Note: You will need to click on the downloaded .dmg file to install the Cisco Meeting App. Then click on the Join call in app button.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for that, i always thought that Firefox and IE will use the app only as backhand and the meeting will always appear in the web browser. I did some testing around and what i see is when you click on webrtc link and you also have the meeting app installed, clicking the link first opens up the browser where you enter few details like name etc and then it switches to the meeting app. correct ?

Just wanted to make sure that this is what you have experienced as well. 

Regards,

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: