Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Optimized Conferencing for Cisco Unified CM do not appear to work

Hi All,

I have the following scenario:

CUCM (9.1.2) --- CONDUCTOR (XC2.2) --- MCU 4501 (4.4)

My endpoints are registered to CUCM:

- 9971 (9-3-4-24)

- EX90 (TC 7.0.1)

When I create AdHoc conference, I can see one video port is used. When another joins, the second video port is used. If I set MCU to use HD+ ports, I have only 6 participants. In every scenario I can only hook up to 6 participants. No optimized conferencing? Am I missing something. Reviewing the documentation, everything should be working by default, when using appropriate SW versions. Is that right?

3 Replies 3

Hi Sebastjan

For optimized Conferencing with Conductor you need two MCU with different port mode.

For example, first MCU-HD mode for EX90 and second MCU-SD mode for 9971.

br Oleksandr

Hi Oleksandr,

So you are saying I need 4 different MCUs to support 360p, SD, HD, Full HD? That meens with clustered 3 MCUs, in total of 12 MCUs?

And again if this is the case, then cascading is in use? So one participant is on one MCU, and another is on second MCU.

Second thing. Cascading is not supported on TelePresence Servers...

This is really strange.

And I am checking the Cisco PPTs, showing that recorces are located on the same MCU, and I will get extra participants, if not using the configured quality.???

It sounds like you're referring to optimized resources which is a feature of the TelePresence Server and Conductor. I could be wrong, or miss understanding your post.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App