Views
Helpful
Replies

pairing issue isdn link

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have a pairing issue between the sx20 and isdn link the software version on sx20 is TC6.3.0.3d8e7d1 and on isdn link is

Cisco TelePresence ISDN link Release IL1.0.0.291516,

Also i need to know the connection on modem, that ITSP has provided, i shld connect on which port there are 4 ports, s/t,U,phone1 and phone2 and how many pairs of cable i shld make to connect to these ports,

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

What do you see as you say you have a pairing issue?

Generally we recommend to be on IL1.1.0 with TC6.x. Here you will have automatic pairing with the ISDN Link. IL1.0 does not have this.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/il1/release_notes/il_software_release_notes_il1.pdf

Instructions on how to upgrade your ISDN link can be found in this document.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

What do you see as you say you have a pairing issue?

Generally we recommend to be on IL1.1.0 with TC6.x. Here you will have automatic pairing with the ISDN Link. IL1.0 does not have this.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/il1/release_notes/il_software_release_notes_il1.pdf

Instructions on how to upgrade your ISDN link can be found in this document.

/Magnus

Hello mohm,

just upgraded and it got paired, will you help me with the other question please.

Thanks

I don´t have any information about your modem but cable usually go from S/T into the ISDN Link BRI 1. I recommend you to contact your ISP in order to get more information on this. I am not sure what kind of line the ISP is providing for you.

/Magnus

Dear

the line is ISDN BRI, i get the below error when i dial a local country number, i have used the straight cable from isdn link BRI port to S/T port

"codec not regstred with the ISDN Link" when i changed the default call protocol to h320 and "cannot connect call " when i change the default call protocol to "auto"

Below is the status of the BRI

xstatus sys state
*s SystemUnit State Status: OK
*s SystemUnit State StatusCode: OK
*s SystemUnit State StatusText: ""
*s SystemUnit State H320Number: "12349484"
*s SystemUnit State MaxNumberOfCalls: 3
*s SystemUnit State NumberOfActiveCalls: 0
*s SystemUnit State NumberOfSuspendedCalls: 0
*s SystemUnit State NumberOfInProgressCalls: 0
*s SystemUnit State PairingStatus: "Paired"
*s SystemUnit State PairingStatusText: "Paired with [fe80::e6c7:22ff:fe62:7ad4]"
** end

Dear's

Anybody can give me hints, for the above errors please not able to dial out by SX20 paired with isdn link, there are no issues with incoming audio and video calls.

thanks

With ISDN Link software version IL1.0.0 you had to type in a very complex string to get it to dial.  You needed to dial as SIP and dial "x-h320number=999999" where 999999 was the number you wished to dial. 

This has been simplified in IL1.1.0 so you can just dial the number as a H.320 call type.  It is highly recomended that you upgrade your ISDN Link to the new version.

If your ISDN Link has IP connectivity to the Internet, connect to the CLI on the ISDN Link via telnet or ssh and type:

xcom SystemUnit SoftwareUpgrade URL: "http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/endpoints/isdnlink/il1/s51500il1_1_0.pkg" UserName: "" password:""

The new software file will download and the ISDN Link will restart at the end of the upgrade process.

Once you have IL1.1.0, you may need to re-pair your devices (make sure that you have IPv6 enabled on both and the SX20 is running at least TC version 6.x).

You'll then be able to dial by setting the call type to H.320 and dialling your required number.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hey Wayne,

The ISDN link is already been upgraded and paired succesfully, i have tried by specifying the protocol as well (h320) but no success also i kept SIP outbound calling off but still i am not able to dial outside.

Thanks.

Are you able to share your ISDNLink config so we can see if there's anything set incorrectly.  FYI, I've put a basic working config from one of my devices in this thread if you want to compare some settings.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.