Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Personal Telepresence endpoint and meeting scheduling

Hello,

I tried to look on the web but couldn't really find the answer to my question.

How does TMS meeting scheduling work for personal endpoints when the booking is done using Outlook through TMSXE ?

Here's the scenario:

A user who has an EX90 personal endpoint wants to have a meeting with 2 other meeting rooms. He/she creates an Outlook invite adding the two rooms. On TMSXE, those two rooms have their Outlook calendar synched with the TMS endpoint but the EX90 (although registered on the TMS) is not synched with the user mailbox. So in the current situation the TMS will schedule just a point to point meeting between the two rooms in the invite instead of a three-party meeting on the Telepresence Server.

The problem is that we don't want/can't synch on TMSXE employees mailboxes with their endpoints. TMSXE requires that all mailboxes are configured with same settings and that the TMS service account has full admin access to the mailbox. We can't and don't want to do that on employees mailboxes.

So then how can we still "sync" the calendars so that:

• the employee can see the schedule on the endpoint touchscreen,
  • TMS knows that the employee has an endpoint that needs to be added in the meeting
  • the employee can use the one-button-to-push feature

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES

You can give the EX90 another

You can give the EX90 another dedicated mailbox for video conferencing and assign it on TMSXE, when you schedule the conference, you use this mailbox.

Please rate useful posts.

I thought a bout it but don't

I thought about it but don't want to do this. I think that more than half of the users won't get it or forgot and it will increase support load.

It needs to be transparent and user friendly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content