Views
Helpful
Replies

phone book search from jabber clients

chrischelvy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a customer with 400 endpoints and it is a massive job creating the phone book manually. So we have decided to use the TMS Phone book. From the endpoints (h.323, SIP) when we search, it only display the one entry for each endpoints if the endpoint registered as a single registration (H.323 or SIP). If the endpoint have a dual registration , then when we search that endpoint , it is shows both contact methods.

But we Don't have a same result when we search from the jabber client. Jabber client shows IP address, E164 number , SIP ID and H.323 ID. It is more confusing to the jabber users as they don't know which one they want to dial.

Also when they click the IP address dial. It will fail as part of the VCS design.

Can we configure the jabber to show only SIP address or E164 numbers like the Cisco endpoints.

Regards,

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi!

From how I would see it. The behavior of Movi/Jabber Video search results is a mix of:

* the JabberVideo/Movi version you use (I would recomend the latest and also let your users upgrade, for nor 4.4)

* the VCS &TMS Version and possibly (OpenDS or TMSPE), currently I still prefer X7.1, TMS13.1.2 and OpenDS,

but that dependent on the deployment, using the latest is not a bad idea neither.

* that you have all provisioning xml templates installed on TMS (often forgotten)

* the dial in settings for each endpoint (you might want to disable these)

* that TMS settings like "routed phonebooks"

Besides that, if your setup is more or less static (in general you can also script im/export).

You could also do some magick regards the phonebooks and generate lists as you want them to have.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Only time I see this is when an end-point has not been configured with a valid SIP URI, I otherwise only get SIP URIs listed.

TMS 13.2.1 with TMSPE, VCS x7.1, JabberVideo 4.3 and 4.4, "Route phone book entries" set to "No".

And no, you can't configure JabberVideo to display a specific address type.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks Martin and Jens.

Martin,

I will come back to you tomorrow with the answer.

Jens,

My question is " if the endpoint registered as a H.323 with the E164 number", when the Jabber user search this particular endpoint, can the jabber user only see the E164 number?.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Did you manage to get this working.

I am also working on a similar issue where user wants only 1 entry ( E.164) to be seen in phonebooks rather than 3 seperate entries.

I am trying to understand if we disable H.323ID and SIP on all the end-points, is it possibelto achieve it then ?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: