Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Book Source update Provisioning Source

seguinlyne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out where a "Phone Book Source update Provisioning Source" scheduled event might be hiding in TMS so I can modify it.  I am running TMS 13.1.2 and this event is scheduled to run every 30th minute by a user who is a TMS administrator.

I checked the Event Notification Manager and there are no stored event notifications under that account.  I tried deleting the account and the event still runs.  I also tried to change the email address for that account but the report still goes to the orginal address.  To manually trigger this event, you need to select the Force Refresh option for the Provisioning Source under Manage Phone Book Sources.

Any help on tracking down this event would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Is this the one you're looking for? This is in TMS 14.3 though.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as answered if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thank you Jens!

Yes, I can change the frequency but would also like to change who gets the notification in case of failure.  I will try to change the frequency and see if this will force the notification to be sent to me.

Lyne

Unfortunately, changing the frequency of this event from another account doesn't change its ownership.

Lyne

To receive e-mails advising phonebook update status, you need to change the contact settings under

Administrative Tools-->Cofiguration-->General Settings:

System Contact Name

System Contact E-Mail Address

Here you can also set the update frequency and time.

This notification will tell you which systems the phonebook(s) failed to be set on, however, there is no e-mail noticifaction available for individual phonebooks such as the provisioning phonebook.

TMS should issue a ticket if VCS is not communicating correctly with TMSPE, and you will see an error when going to the Provisioning tab of the VCS in TMS, indicating which service has failed, and why, and you should also get an error on the Provisioning Diagnostics page in TMS - but that's about it - no e-mail notification to be had. However, this is only relevant for the clients being provisioned with this particular phonebook, i.e. JabberVideo etc.

Guess you could raise a feature request through your Cisco rep, but that would mean upgrading TMS too.

/jens

Thanks Jens,

The System Contact Name and Address are set correctly but the Phone Book Source update Provisioning Source event sends an email to a different address and also doesn't follow the Phone Books Update frequency schedule.

Lyne

That's interesting - I've never received any notifications for the Phone Book update Provisioning Source events at all - and I can't find anything in TMS as to how/where it can be configured to do so either, unless this is something which was removed in later versions of TMS, however, I can't recall seeing this option in 13.x either.

Are you using TMSPE or Legacy mode for provisioning?

Edit:

I checked the Event Notification Manager and there are no stored event notifications under that account.  I tried deleting the account and the event still runs.  I also tried to change the email address for that account but the report still goes to the orginal address.

unquote

Is it sitting there under a different account, i.e. "network services", a machine admin account etc - and have the e-mail address been associated with one of those? Just a thought.

/jens

Hi Jens,

We're using legacy mode for provisioning.  This event is sitting under a user account who has admin priviledges on TMS.

Once our service maintenance can finally be renewed on our infrastructure we will proceed with the upgrade for TMS and hope this will fix the problem.

Thanks,

Lyne

Hello, can tell me where to find this screen?

I'm on TMS 14

regards,

I've founded the page, can someone tell me if this resolve the issue with 

The background event could not complete successfully due to an error.

Description:   

Phone Book Source update All Systems   

Start Time:   

17/02/2017 10:27  

Completed Time:   

17/02/2017 10:28  

Failure Reason:   

POST http://localhost:8788/pb/sources/id/1c2c68b5-8ff5-476b-8614-0efe1469164a/sync failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.  

this event is blocking my domain username everytime.

regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: