cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phonebook problem with jabber account in Cisco TelePresenceManagement Suite Provisioning Extension

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We have deployed the Cisco TelePresenceManagement Suite Provisioning Extension with VCS control and Expressway with 7.2 while TMS with 13.2

However, in the jabber client , the user can't search any endpoints and jabber client.

In TMS Provisioning Extension Diagnostics, all system status shows green that is well-function.

In VCS control TMS Provisioning Extension services, Phone book service item (Connect to this service) show a Active status.

Moreover, in the Status> Applications >TMS Provisioning Extension services >Phone book >Entrie, All the entris is same as the TMS phonebook source.

On the other hand, the endpoint can seach the jabber account user.

Anyone have such expierence before?

Best Regards,

Ben

Status Applications TMS Provisioning Extension services Phone book EntrieStatus Applications TMS Provisioning Extension services Phone book Entrie
10 Replies 10

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lai

Assuming that the phonebook synch is working between TMS and the VCS. Did you give access to the user groups in TMSPE for the groups of users you want to be able to view the phonebook? Also did you configure the phonebook URI in the configuration template?

Also

/Magnus Ohm

Hi Magnus

Thank for your kindly support.

Actually, this video conference deployment is upgrade from the Cisco TMS provisioning tool (Cisco TMS Agent Legacy), and it works fine before upgrade.

We have updated the user groups in TMSPE,however, the problem still exist.

On the other way, the phonebook URI in the configuration template is valid, as it is the same comparing to

Cisco TMS Agent Legacy. However, We have a question in the configuration template, as there is only

Template movi_3.1 in my tms, but our jabber clients are using jabber 4.3. Will it be a probelm?

Best Regards,    

Ben    

Hi

Is presence working as expected?

What is the authentication set to in the Default Zone on the VCS? Try to set this to "Check credentials".

/Magnus

Hi Lai,

The cases what i have seen so far for TMSPE..the login should have failed for the Jabber if you are using the TMSPE and if you don't have the necessary templates uploaded.

however i didn't tested settings the default zone and default subzone to "treat as authenticated" !!still in my view this should also fails...

even though its working in your scenario it could be possible that since there is a mismatch in the jabber version and there is not the necessary template in the TMS the provisioning didn't have sent the proper provisioning to the Jabber client and thats the reason the phone book request is failing..

I believe i have seen this issue where the jabber user was not able to login from the expressway and then we saw that necessary template was not uploaded in TMS and even though the login was working from control but it was not working from expressway.

So as Magnus requested if you could let us know whether presence is working or not then we can certainly check more on this..

but as a standard practise please import the 4.3 jabber template in the TMS. I don't know how but the login should have got failed at first instance...

Thanks

Alok

I'm having pretty much the same issue now after my http exception was resolved; I'm no longer getting presence nor can I set any phonebooks apart from "Provisioning" any more.

I'll open yet another TAC case after I've finished banging my head agains the wall for a while...

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Jens,

Its interesting to note when the provisioning is sent to the jabber client what is the provsioning data look like??

based on that start troubleshooting!!

Rgds,

Alok

Managed to clear up the presence issue, but none of the other phonebooks are exported to VCS-C, only the provisioning phonebook.

The only folder record is provisioning phonebook - should be a lot more than that.

Doesn't look like access control settings for individual phone books are taking.:(

/jens

Happy to say I've managed to fix it;

see https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3720946#3720946

/jens

Hi Jens, unfortunately the link is down, could you share here your fix?

Thanks

Juan

Hi

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3706807#3706807

I think Jens is referring to this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong.

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: