cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phonebooks disappeared from scheduling interface after upgrading to TMS 14.5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Upgraded to TMS 14.5 this morning and now finding, to my great dismay - that none of my phone books are available in the drop-down menu in the Add Participants pop-up window - see attached screenshots.

All phone books are otherwise showing up correctly on the end-points, so I know they are still there...

These are the phone books, which were all correctly listed in the drop-down menu in all other versions of TMS:

This is what I now get:

Anybody else having this issue? If I can't resolve it, then I've got no choice but to downgrade to 14.4 :( (Lucky it's a VM so it's only a matter of applying the last snapshot).

Edit: I've managed to create a work-around by connecting all the phone book sources to the "All Systems: phone book, which means the support staff will at least be able to find the entries as long as they have an idea of what to search for. Far from ideal though. :(

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hm.... I can reproduce the problem in 14.5. Looks like an unintentional side effect of some other stuff we were doing. I'll investigate more.

-Kjetil

View solution in original post

Bug number: CSCur12429

A fix is targeted for TMS 14.6.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I checked my lab TMS, and my phone books are present in the Add Participants window.

Something to check, what are the permissions set to for your missing phone books?

• Manage Phone Books > "Phone Book" > Access Control > TMS User Group

We had an issue such as this not long ago, a certain group couldn't see the phone books to add participants, and it was a permissions issue on each missing phone book.

Checked the permissions as soon as I discovered this, and they're fine. I've got, by default, access to absolutely everything anyway, being the system admin, and I couldn't see them either.

Reverted back to 14.4.1 and it's all good again, so I'll leave it at that for now. This was, strangely enough, the one and only issue I could find - everything else was fine.

/jens

It's strange that you can see "All Systems" and "Provisioning", but nothing else.  Maybe something somewhere is set differently between those two phone books and the others you're not seeing.

Don't know what that could be since I'm the one who "sets the settings" so to speak, and everything worked perfectly prior to the upgrade. Applied a stack of "important" server updates from Microsoft just before upgrading TMS, wonder if something went astray there, but why would that only affect the phone books - that doesn't really make sense either. And remember, I can see all the phone books everywhere else, it's just in that drop-down menu they're MIA.

Only explanation I think of would be that one of the services didn't start properly, didn't have time to do much troubleshooting unfortunately, and won't be able to try again until the semester is over in another 6 weeks.

/jens

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are the phone book sources configured as "Update Type: Search Only"? If so, they can no longer be scheduled in TMS 14.5. Try changing them to "Import to TMS".

Regards,
Kjetil

Hei Kjetil,

Only have that option for the "All Systems" and "Provisioning" in 14.4.1 and it was the same in 14.5 - these options are otherwise not available. All of the phone books in question are manual lists types.

mvh

jens

Hm.... I can reproduce the problem in 14.5. Looks like an unintentional side effect of some other stuff we were doing. I'll investigate more.

-Kjetil

Thanks Kjetil, as always, very much appreciated. :)

mvh jens

Looks like a bug to me. I have filed a bug report, and will post the bug number as soon as I have a target for a fix.

-Kjetil

Bug number: CSCur12429

A fix is targeted for TMS 14.6.

Thanks Kjetil :)

mh jens

Thanks Kjetil,

Any news on when 14.6 is planned to be released?

Regards

Niklas

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not sure if this is related, but comparing TMS 14.3.2 and TMS 14.5.  When you go to add participants in 14.5 and select "All Phone books" nothing appears, before it showed a compiled list of all phone books contained under that top group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: