cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Physical Damage to a Remote Control

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Is physical damage to a Remote Control (TRC3 or TRC4) covered by the maintenance contract?  I have no idea how it was physically damaged by the client.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anthony,

Systems, cables, remote controllers, monitors etc. are not covered by the maintenance contract, if there has been any physical damage to it.

So I would advise you to order a new one from Cisco. If the remote controller suddenly stops working (remember to check the batteries first :), then you will get a new one from Cisco, if you create an RMA for it.

Hope this helps,

Arne

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

This should be a pretty simple yes or no answer; no Cisco reps can answer this??  I need to now to proceed with this: open a ticket with TAC, or create a PO for the client to purchase a new remote.  Thanks.

Hi Anthony,

Systems, cables, remote controllers, monitors etc. are not covered by the maintenance contract, if there has been any physical damage to it.

So I would advise you to order a new one from Cisco. If the remote controller suddenly stops working (remember to check the batteries first :), then you will get a new one from Cisco, if you create an RMA for it.

Hope this helps,

Arne

Thank you for the clarification, Arne.