cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom endpoints not displaying SIP information in TMS

richard Beck
Level 1
Level 1

I have a mixed environment of Cisco and Polycom endpoints. In TMS the cisco endpoints have their H323 and SIP addresses listed under system settings. However, all the polycom endpoints do not have their SIP addresses listed. I have the polycom endpoints registerd with the VCS w/ SIP and H323 settings. VCS and TMS are connected.

Any ideas on how I can get Polycom SIP addresses to show up in TMS/Phonebooks?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the compatibility spreadsheet (although it is a little old, not much has changed) and as mentioned in this thread there does not seem to be any support for SIP in TMS for the Polycom devices.  There are a couple of work arounds mentioned in that thread that may or may not work in your environment.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

TMS today doesn't support SIP or have SIP options for Polycom HDX systems currently today.  There is a request to be able to book them via SIP in TMS which a couple of customers have requested.  This is:CSCud79699.

As far as the system getting phonebooks from TMS. I've tried turning off the phone book routing, to no avail.

Some other customers requesting this, so maybe this is something TMS team would consider.  Not quite sure to be honest. 

I know this doesn't help, but TMS Support for SIP for HDX has been asked.  Maybe you can request more through your Account Team for a push perhaps. 

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the compatibility spreadsheet (although it is a little old, not much has changed) and as mentioned in this thread there does not seem to be any support for SIP in TMS for the Polycom devices.  There are a couple of work arounds mentioned in that thread that may or may not work in your environment.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

TMS today doesn't support SIP or have SIP options for Polycom HDX systems currently today.  There is a request to be able to book them via SIP in TMS which a couple of customers have requested.  This is:CSCud79699.

As far as the system getting phonebooks from TMS. I've tried turning off the phone book routing, to no avail.

Some other customers requesting this, so maybe this is something TMS team would consider.  Not quite sure to be honest. 

I know this doesn't help, but TMS Support for SIP for HDX has been asked.  Maybe you can request more through your Account Team for a push perhaps. 

VR

Patrick

richard Beck
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info guys!!!!!!