Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom m100 resolution issue

Hi all,

When we call from Polycom m100 to Codian MCU, sometimes the size of the call window (m100 application window) resizes automatically.

(suddenly it becomes smller, and after a couple of seconds, it resumes its size)

According to Polycom m100 release note "m100_RelNotes_1_0_4.pdf", this is an interoperability issue between Codian MCU.

It says there is no workaround on the issue. But this is is very inconvenient for our customer.

Is there any workaround on Codian MCU for the issue?

If we can lock transmission resolution in specified conferences, it is the best workaround.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

6 Replies 6

Michael Boscia
Level 4
Level 4

What does your document say is the cause of the incompatibility?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, there is no description about the root cause of this issue (Issue ID(CMAD-2270)).

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume m100 sending SIP update with new SDP during the call.

Are you able to post original SDP and update SDP to understand what capability m100 update during the call?

Hi Taniguchi-san,

I am sorry to have let you misunderstand.

The issue ID of this incompatibility is "CMAD-2270" , not "CMAD-2272".

All of m100 connected to Codian MCU by using H.323.

I can post H.323/SIP log captured on the MCU when the issue occured.

But we use VCS Control as Gatekeeper, so all source/destination IP addresses are those of VCS control or MCU.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

OK, then should have CLC/OLC and new CapSet negotiation during the call.

Do you have call log to identify what m100 is sending to MCU during the call for updating the m100 decoding capability?

(If device with public IP address, I suggest replacing IP address information before posting call log on public forum).

Hi Taniguchi-san,

There are the logs captured on "H.323/SIP log" tab on the MCU.

I guess these two logs are Capability Set messages from MCU / m100s but I could not specify the responses about resolution that m100s replied.

(There were abtout 15 m100s in the conference)

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto