cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

precision 60 camera control

Hawk Kim
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody controlled this camera directly from a Crestron?

I see only Ethernet port available on the camera. Can I control via telnet using the Visca protocol? If so, what port number can I communicate with?

thanks bunch in advance.

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't gotten my hands on a Precision60 camera, nor the SX80 codec that can use it, but I'd presume you could control the camera via the codec's api just like you can with the C Series codecs.

Today I got a reply from Cisco in Russia that Precision 60 alone does not support neither Daisy chain nor VISCA. So all movement control from external souces e.g. Crestron must go via codec's API.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The ethernet port on the camera is used to connect it direclty to the SX80 endpoint for the camera control.

To control it via a Crestron interface, you'd connect (via telnet, or ssh) to the endpoint's API and issue the camera control commands.

See the SX80 API Reference Guide for details (Camera Control in Pages 91-97).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I was also wondering about controlling these cameras via Crestron. If we have 2 cameras, I understand they can be connected to ethernet ports 2 and 3 on the codec, but what if there are more than 2 cameras? The SX80 Physical Interface Guide says to just connect an ethernet switch if you run out of ports. My question is how does one address the camera IDs? Do we need to assign them manually, or does the codec take care of it? Does it make a difference if using an ethernet switch or not? 

Dane

A/V Design Engineer

Aaron Wilson
Level 5
Level 5

Anyone have an update on this? I have a spare Precision 60 camera, and can get the camera feed to work, but no way to control it. I tried SSHing into it, but I don't know the default password.

I do have Crestron processors which could act as control, but I need the login info and API commands.

You cannot control the camera directly, you must control it via the API of the endpoint you have it attached to.

The API commands are detailed quite thoroughly in the API Reference Guide (see Pages 102-105).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Sadly, it's hard to issue commands to a codec which doesn't exist. I have a spare Precision 60, but no codec for it.

You're likely to be out of luck then as the Precision 60 camera is designed specifially to work with the SX80 endpoint.

If you had one of the older cameras you'd have more luck as they can be serial/visca controlled.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

qianjinhu
Level 1
Level 1

i think use ssh connect the camera.but i know default name and password.who can tell me ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: