cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PrecisionHD USB not working on Mac OSX Maverick or Windows 7 (MacBookPro)

corporatecio
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PrecisionHD USB  and I am trying to get it to work on my dual boot MacBookPro with Mac OSX Maverick 10.9.5 and Windows 7 Ultimate.

I started to load this on the Mac with the green light showing. The app -- Photo Booth would not select the camera although it was listed. So I went to cisco.com support and downloaded the 

Cisco TelePresence PrecisionHD USB Camera

TelePresence Software

--

CC1.5.0

I ran the software the CC1.5.0_MAC_RC3.app for MAC and it prompted me to load XQuartz, so I installed and ran the CC1.5.0_MAC_RC3.app again and it displayed the update window. I clicked on the update button. It opened a console window and entered my password. I received an error

Cosmos Upgrade failed.

Please, Connect the PrecisionHD USB Camera for firmware upgrade

I restarted to switched to the PC side. The automatic load of drivers failed after logging in. I checked the device manager to see a USB caution symbol and disabled (deleted) it. I reattached the USB cable and a pop up saying the device failed appeared again but no USB caution in Device manager. After loading the CC1.5.0.exe I received the same failed message that the update failed.

I didn't notice if the light ever turned green again after the first time and before installing stuff. The light is always yellow now. The camera now doesn't show on the list in any program.

Can anyone tell me how to get this camera to work?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There's some good hints in the Cisco TelePresence PrecisionHD USB Camera Knowledge Base Atricles Document that can be found at: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/articles_doc/knowledge-base-articles-precisionhd-usb-camera.pdf

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: