Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem removing VCS from TMS and migrating to TMSPE

We are getting ready to start using TMSPE, however first we need to disable TMS Agent replication on all VCS's via TMS.  There is a VCS that failed and was subsequently removed, but we can't remove it from TMS because TMS Agent replication is enabled.  We can't get to the TMS Agent tab to disable replication because the VCS is offline (i.e. it was removed) - it just goes to the "Connnection" tab every time I try.

So how can we migrate to TMSPE if TMS won't let us delete the offline VCS or at least turn of TMS Agent replication for it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Nick

Try to run this SQL query:

USE TMSNG

UPDATE field_SystemField SET BolValue = 0 WHERE field_Field_Id = 1072

UPDATE Cluster SET EnforceTMSAgentDataReplication = 0

This should disable replication on all VCS's added to TMS (even the zombie ones like the one you have), once this is run you can try to purge the VCS.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Nick

Try to run this SQL query:

USE TMSNG

UPDATE field_SystemField SET BolValue = 0 WHERE field_Field_Id = 1072

UPDATE Cluster SET EnforceTMSAgentDataReplication = 0

This should disable replication on all VCS's added to TMS (even the zombie ones like the one you have), once this is run you can try to purge the VCS.

/Magnus

I'll give it a try, thanks

That worked, thanks Magnus!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: