cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem setting up TMS conference to IP endpoint addresses with : or @ or . in them.

jeremy smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are using TMS version 13.1

I try to set up a conference to call from one of our endpoints (older MXP 3000 unit) to an IP address with a couple of parameters specified in it. 

Specficially, this is to set up the call to the BlueJeans endpoint service, which allows you to put the conference identification and moderator code in the dialed IP so that you don't have to mess with the far end camera control or a seperate web interface to finish connecting.

If I dial from the codec web interfaces, the calls go through fine.  When I try and set it up in TMS by putting in the IP in the conference via External, Dial Out, and type in the IP address, I cannot Save the Conference.  The error I get is this:

No route possible between participant: UNC Beard 202D and participant: 9199628989.1234@199.48.152.152 

Please check configuration settings and verify diagnostics messages on systems listed above.

I have tried adding them in the alternate ways that BlueJeans accepts, and none of them is accepted by TMS. Other ways it could be formatted include

199.48.152.152##9199628989#1234

199.48.152.152##9199628989:1234

9199628989:1234@199.48.152.152

In these examples, 9199628989 would be the Meeting ID and 1234 would be the Moderator code. 

Has anyone seen this problem before? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

What if you change the dial out type to SIP/H323?  And can you dial out from TMS using just an IP address without the '@' or #'s ?

I've never tried to use colons or hashes from TMS before but have always been able dial [number]@IP.  If even this doesn't work for you, it could be your zone setup in TMS thinking that there's not enough bandwidth or that the strings you are dialling won't work with your endpoints... I am assuming you are using VCS/VCS-E - check the zone setups of both those and your endpoints.

If it's just that TMS doesn't like the colon's or hashes, maybe you could make a search rule on VCS that replaced a series of dialled characters like hhh or ccc with colon's and hashes when dialling out so as to not confuse TMS.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It would be interesting to know more about your deployment.  (like if you have a vcs, if that one

is added to the TMS as well, ...)

Does it behave different if you set:

You are here: Administrative Tools > Configuration > General Settings

Route Phone Book Entries: No

But in general its two things, its tms / vcs / endpoints handling such kind of calls.But to be honest, I would challenge

Bluejeans to get you a proper hostname with SRV support to dial in instead of an IP.

Thats better for call routing and should work out of the box :-)

I know in europe for jabber video they used @eu.bjn.vc

so for your example it would be  9199628989:1234@eu.bjn.vc

It might be woth giving a try but even if it works for you you should ask what the proper way of doing is.

Please rate the postings and set the thread to answered if it is!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify