Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problems with multiway VCS-E > VCS-C > CUCM

I've got an issue with endpoints registered to VCS-E trying to merge CUCM endpoints into a multiway conference via a traversal zone.

Set up (noting that there were more VCS's in the path, but I've elimitated

Endpoints + Conductor + TP server are registered to VCS-E
VCS-E connects to other organization's VCS-C via SIP traversal zone
VCS-C connects to CUCM via neighbour zone

VCS-C neighbour zone and CUCM SIP trunk security profile + SIP profile on the trunk configured as per VCS to CUCM deployment guide (including Multiway section)

So the call path is EX90 > VCS-E > traversal zone > VCS-C > CUCM > EX90.  SIP the whole way, no interworking.

All endpoints can call each other and can manually dial the multiway alias.  In addition, if we register and endpoint to the VCS-C, we get multiway working via the traversal zone.

However, when we try and "Merge" a CUCM endpoint into the multiway conference, the call fails.  The VCS-C never recieves a search, so I assume the CUCM either doesn't recognize the request or isn't allowing it.

VCS-C + E are 7.2, CUCM is 8.6.2.

I haven't bothered with Conductor/TP server versions as the CUCM endpoints don't appear to be even attempting to call - so we haven't even reached that point by the time the call has failed.

Any help much appreciated :)

4 REPLIES

Hi,Configure your multiway

Hi,

Configure your multiway URI as SIP Route Pattern on your CUCM, Associate this SIP Route Pattern to your VCSC SIP Trunk. so the multway calls from cucm can be routed to the VCSC.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

Thanks for the advice, but my

Thanks for the advice, but I've got issues with that...

We can't use a SIP route pattern, because the VCS's are part of a route group, so CUCM won't allow us to use the VCS as a target for the SIP route pattern.

Currently, I've got my VCS trunked to another CUCM 8.6.2 and it's working, despite only having an E164 is the multiway alias and a numeric route pattern, then I've got a transofrm on VCS.  This shows me that it can indeed work between CUCM and VCS with just a numeric aliad - It just doesn't work on this other CUCM for some reason.  The only difference that I can see is that the working CUCM cluster is connected directly via a neighbour zone instead of a traversal zone (although as previously stated, this configuration works via the same traversal zone if the endpoint is registered to VCS-C).

Hi,could you please provide

Hi,

could you please provide some more information.

Correct me if I am wrong... you have two CUCM Cluster. CUCM Cluster A is running with version 8.62. what is the CUCM Cluster B System version??

You have NZ configured from VCSC to CUCM Cluster A , and CUCM Cluster B have a ICT configured to CUCM Cluster A. are you trying to route all VCSC calls through CUCM Cluster A??

I think better to have seprate NZ configured for both CUCM Cluster A and B.

What you have configured on VCSC conference factory as multiway alias, is it "multiway@domain or multway@<vcsc ip address>"??

How you are routing CUCM Cluster A multiway calls to VCSC, which is working?? just with the help of route pattern or SIP Route pattern??

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

Hi Nikhil,All CUCMs are 8.6.2

Hi Nikhil,
All CUCMs are 8.6.2, all VCS are 7.2.

So here's what we have that's working:
CUCM > Neighbour zone > VCS-E > endpoints with multiway alias.  We aren't using conference factory, we are using Conductor.  Multiway alias is just a numeric dial string (no @) then we use a transform on VCS to change it to a valid SIP URI.  This works fine and we just use standard route patterns on CUCM (not a SIP route pattern, for the reasons stated above).

We then have a traversal zone from the same VCS-E to a different organisation's VCS-C, who then have a neighbour zone to their own CUCM 8.6.2.  Multiway initiated from my end works to their VCS-C endpoints but not to their CUCM endpoints.  SIP trunk, profile, security profile on their CUCM are configured the same as my trunks that are working.  We can't use a neighbour zone because they are on a different network and need firewall traversal.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content