Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile 42 C40 is unable join to CTMS

Hi,

I've tried to join to CTMS 1.8 static meeting from  Profile 42 C40  (with ext 30003), but it doesn't get any video. From CTMS log, there is   ALARM_CALL_FAILURE :

Call dropped.  Meeting: 9064797157.  Call number 30003 ended with message: NO_RESUME.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
13 REPLIES
Silver

Hi Brian,

What is the software version on C40? I believe it should be TC 5. If yes, then the possible cause of the issue is that CTMS TC 5 support is not enabled.

Enabled TC5 in the default settings page on CTMS. And this should resolve the issue. Please share the results of the operation.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

Please make sure your call bandwidth is 2.25 mbps or higher also check call rate in bandwidth regions in CUCM.

Secure meetings are not supported - Encryption is not supported .

HTH .

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Hi Dharmesh,

I'm sure that default call rate of C 40 is higher than 2.25 Mbps, the region setting in CUCM is 36000 and the static meeting is not secured. Do you have another idea?

Thanks.

Re: Profile 42 C40 is unable join to CTMS

Hi Mubashshir,

The software version of C 40 is TC 5.1.3 and i've enabled the TC 5 support in default setting in CTMS. But i stil get the error message Call dropped.  Meeting: 9064797157.  Call number 30003 ended with message: NO_RESUME. It seems that C 40 is able to join static meeting, but because C 40 is the first participant, C 40 is on hold and then it cannot resume the call. Do you have another idea?

Thanks.

Silver

Hi Brian,

Check TC-5 Configuration on CUCM v8.6 - SIP protocol is used for dialing out - TIP is auto enabled - Bitrate is minimum 3075 kbps.

Also, which is the other endpoint in the meeting ?

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

TC 5 is configured to use SIP. How to check if TIP is enabled? The other endpoint is CTS-500. Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

Silver

What is the software version on CTS-500 ??

Please keep in mind All CTS endpoints must run version 1.8 and higher

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Mubashshir,

All CTS endpint is running 1.8.3. It is weird, right? Maybe there is bug for compatibility between CTMS and TC 5 endpoint.

Sincerely,

Brian

Re: Profile 42 C40 is unable join to CTMS

Open a TAC case and let us know the results.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Silver

Hi Brian,

Just check one more setting on the endpoint :

xConfiguration Experimental CTMSSupport Mode: On

Also on the VCS make sure that the TIP mode is turned ON. It should definitely work. I its not working, then we will need to troubleshoot the issue. As Michael has pointed out, the best way would be to open a TAC case for this particular issue.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

The TC 5 endpoint is registered to CUCM 8.6.2, not to VCS. I'll do your suggestion.

Thanks.

Just a related question - you meantion TIP mode being "ON" - is this the same as the Experiemental CTMS support mentioned above, or is this another command?

Silver

Hi Nick,

These are two different commands.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content