cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Protect settings access on EX / C codecs

jsmckinlay
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way you can lock access to the menus from the remote control / touchpad on the EX60/90's or C-40 codecs?

We have previously used MXP family codecs and on there you could set a simple password to stop end users getting in and messing around with the settings, you could even do kiosk mode which was great for more public areas.

I am stuggling to find anything similar on the EX/C series.

Any help much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Justin Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

On the C series codecs you can SSH into the codecs and use the 'xcommand systemunit menupassword set password' command to set a password for the touch screens. This puts a password on the advanced settings menu on the touch panel. I dont know how this works with a remote, I'm assuming it locks it out from there as well. You can use the help in the ssh terminal to make sure the syntax is right on the xcommand.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Justin Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

On the C series codecs you can SSH into the codecs and use the 'xcommand systemunit menupassword set password' command to set a password for the touch screens. This puts a password on the advanced settings menu on the touch panel. I dont know how this works with a remote, I'm assuming it locks it out from there as well. You can use the help in the ssh terminal to make sure the syntax is right on the xcommand.

Thanks Justin,

Worked a treat! Strange how this is not in the manual nor can be done from remote itself of the web interface.

Yeah, it is in the one of the admin guides or user guides I believe. I think it was just  a note on commands in the CLI. I took note of it so I wouldnt have to remember where I got it later.

Also you can manually  enter password in C-series system for advansed settings in main menu for TRC.

Never seen this settings in toouchpanel.

Br. Oleksandr