cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning failed: HTTP code=500 - Meaning?

Jeff Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

On webGUI of SX10 recently upgraded to 7.2.0.

• TMS visibility is fine
  • Endpoint operates fine
  • TMS is able to send and clear phonebooks fine.
  • No Endpoint Troubleshooting Guide avail. for this soft. version (as of this writing)

What is cause of this?  Network issue with certain traffic?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TMS 14.5 doesn't support CE software, you can add it to TMS 14.5 if the endpoint is running TC software, but you must upgrade to TMS 15.0 to use CE software as this is the first TMS release to support it.

Also in the most recent releases of endpoint software, both TC and CE, TLS 1.0 support was removed, so TMS must be able to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in order to communicate with the endpoints.  Refer to the TC7 Release Notes on pg 7 and CE8 Release Notes on pg 8 for more information on TLS support.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What all is displayed under "Configuration > System Status > Provisioning" in the SX10 web interface?

I'm using 7.1.0 and I don't have any issues that I know of.  What TMSPE template version are you using?

Are you seeing this with any other provisioned endpoints or is it just this one?

Hi Patrick, Thanks for your input.  It turns out all the endpoints in this particular geographic location are experiencing the same error message.  I appears there is a network visibility issue to the TMS server there.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HTTP Error 500 is a response back from the server, and a generic one when it can't be more specific about what failed.

What are your provisioning settings set to on your SX10 (Configuration > System Configuration > Provisioning)?  Are they pointing to the correct Provisioning Mode, ExternalManager Address, Path and Protocol?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne, Thanks for your input.  It turns out all the endpoints in this particular geographic location are experiencing the same error message.  I appears there is a network visibility issue to the TMS server there.

I'm having the same issue on a new SX10 version 8.1.1 and the fix noted has no affect. Also having trouble adding it to TMS (14.5) but the two could be related. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TMS 14.5 doesn't support CE software, you can add it to TMS 14.5 if the endpoint is running TC software, but you must upgrade to TMS 15.0 to use CE software as this is the first TMS release to support it.

Also in the most recent releases of endpoint software, both TC and CE, TLS 1.0 support was removed, so TMS must be able to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in order to communicate with the endpoints.  Refer to the TC7 Release Notes on pg 7 and CE8 Release Notes on pg 8 for more information on TLS support.

jaylon_lam1
Level 1
Level 1

To add some value to this thread, I am providing a fix down below.

Configuration > System Configuration > Provisioning

Under the menu for ExternalManager, set the Path to the following:

tms/public/external/management/systemmanagementservice.asmx

For some reason, the ExternalManager Path does not recognize the sequence for "Phonebook" and fails the provisioning status.  Simply changing "phonebook" to "management" resolves the issue.

-JL

Jeff Lewis
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for this.  This is the fix.  We just got this issue AGAIN on our desk from another customer and that was the issue.