Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Pulling a live stream from a TCS cluster?

One of my customers has an interesting challenge. They've recently clustered their 4 x TCS and have a single live recording alias. The issue is that they require live streaming for real time monitoring of recordings.

If they have multiple concurrent live recordings occuring using the same alias, how do they distinguish the live streams for push / pull?

If they configure additional aliases to allow more media server configurations, how do they ensure that they use a unique alias for each recording (as every live alias will be able to be selected more than once, subject to the live recording capacity constraints of the TCS)?

I'd appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

David

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Our solution, while not

Our solution, while not elegant, especially if you start scaling things up, is to have a different recording alias for each room that needs a recording, so if you're in Room A, you dial Recording Alias A, Room B always dials Recording Alias B, etc.  That way, when you need to view a live stream, you pick the one that corresponds to the room you want to view.

EDIT: Apologies for dragging up an old thread - i didn't notice the sort order on the forums had changed and was showing ancient threads at the top of my list.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content