Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QS20 and upgrade to 5.1.3 issue

Have a QS20 that had been working fine nuder 5.1.2

Upgraded to 5.1.3 and now the unit does not "see" the camera although have video input.

Checked all of the connections to be sure that all were still OK.

have no remote control of the camera.

when I bring up a call and go to web page to get control of the camera, it says that there is no camera.

Xstatus has the following

*s Camera 1 Connected: False

Is this a known issue and will down grading to 5.1.2 fix the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the setting of the variable VISCA_CONSOLE is incorrect. To be able to correct the camera the value needs to be 0.

To do this, go again into SANGAM# prompt and enter :

setenv VISCA_CONSOLE 0
saveenv

And then reboot the camera [power on/off].

That should do the trick!

This is documented in CSCtz15586 - Cisco TelePresence 4x camera may not respond to controls properly

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi guess you mean SX20?

Did you check on:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25123

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

He is actually referring to Quickset C20.

Richard, as Martin pointed out this is a known issue with the Precision HD 4X Cameras. You can follow the document provided above to upgrade the camera manually and the issue would be fixed.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

is this a C20 or an SX20 ?

As to the camera, can you check and send what's printed on the label of the camera?

Could be the camera issue for which Martin sent the document reference, however, we need to make sure since this can be also the new 4X camera named Nandi used on SX20.

This is a QuickSet 20.

the camera was working just fine before the upgrade when it was running 5.1.2 code.

What is odd is that as I read the Field notice, it says that I should not see anything from the Camera.  But what I am seeing is that I am seeing input from the camera but I can not control focus or direction.

So I am not sure that this is where the problem is.

If you are unsure and you do not get a better answer or you do not want to wait, escalate the thread here to a

service request towards tac (if the system has a valid service contract).

If you do so, please update the case afterwards how you resolved your issue.

Btw, you did not mention which camera you use.

Danny> As to the camera, can you check and send what's printed on the label of the camera?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello,

a camera which does not boot as described in the "camera document" would not generate HDMI output either. In your case all works, apart from the control portion. Control of the camera is done by means of VISCA protocol which is an asynchronous protocol running over the special cable from camera to DB9 connector on the codec.

Can you try to hookup the camera to a PC as described in the document?  When it boots, hit key really quickly

and see whether you get SANGAM prompt. If you get the prompt, do "printenv" so we can see what the settings are of this camera, provided its a 4x SANGAM camera.

Hi

Please show the information as following URL,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/ts/fn/635/fn63534.html

You will find the information as you want.

Thanks and best regards,

Takeshi Nakajima.

Hello,

we should be careful as to not throw all camera issues into the same bucket! Taking the document from Takeshi above, it states :

Problem Symptoms

Control of the camera from the codec will not be possible due to a  lost connection after reboot, upgrade, or power on. There will be no  video output on the HDMI port and the amber LED located on top of the  camera will remain on and does not turn off. Rebooting the camera does  not resolve the issue.

Richard already stated he gets image from the camera. That means the camera booted and it is not the same symptom as http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/ts/fn/635/fn63534.html

However, I would recommend using the serial procedure(s) described in the document to check how the camera boots and veriy the boot environment of the camera by doing "printenv" once broken into the boot by pressing key as soon as camera is powered on.

Finally got my hands on the QS20 and Camera.

The camera seemed to boot ok, but I did go through the serial procedure and upgraded the software so thet it is not running SC2.0 RC4 instead of SC2.0 RC2 which it was before.

But it is still not being recognized by the QS20.

But I can control the camera with the remote control and video image is still working.

Just can not control the camera via the web interface.

The QS20 is running 5.1.3.

Any other possible things to check before opening a formal TAC Case?

Attached is the output of the upgrading of the Camera

Hello,

since you have a serial cable and you know how to get the SANGAM prompt, can you execute the command :

SANGAM#printenv

so we can see what the settings are of this camera?

Also,

when you boot the camera and you set your speed of the serial connection to 9600 you should see a message like

"visca on" once VISCA protocol on camera kicks in. After a minute or so.

Danny,

Here is the output of the printenv

---------------------

DM365 chip initialization done

Board id : 00000001  Version id : 00000004

Configuring FPGA

Done

boot_delay : 3

SANGAM# printenv

USB_MODE - 0

BOOT_OS - 1

OS_INSTANCE - 3

STATUS_SELFTEST - 0000000000000

VISCA_CONSOLE - 1

MODULE_TEST - 1

RES720P - 1

SANGAM#

---------------------------------

When I connect the serial at 9600, all I am getting is garbage characters that I expect when there is a speed mismatch.

I never see the visca on message.

What next?

Hello,

the setting of the variable VISCA_CONSOLE is incorrect. To be able to correct the camera the value needs to be 0.

To do this, go again into SANGAM# prompt and enter :

setenv VISCA_CONSOLE 0
saveenv

And then reboot the camera [power on/off].

That should do the trick!

This is documented in CSCtz15586 - Cisco TelePresence 4x camera may not respond to controls properly

Danny,

Thanks for the help.  That solved the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: