Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Question about CUCM to VCS calling name/domain from SCCP phones

I've configured my VCS and CUCM as per the deployment guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-SIP-Trunk-to-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-CUCM-8-9-and-X8-1.pdf It's been working fine for a couple of years, but when a CUCM phone calls a VCS registered endpoint its caller ID is still [directory number]@[CUCM-IP]. I've only recently decided to address this issue and I've gone through the guide with a fine tooth comb, but I still can't get it to dial out with either the calling name or [directory-number[@[cluster wide FQDN]. I do note that the guide specifically mentions setting up a SIP profile for phones, however all my phones are registered using SCCP so this option isn't availbable to me. I should also note that the CUCM isn't using DNS as all - I don't imagine that's an issue as I still have the cluster FQDN set. Any ideas? I'm using CUCM 8.6.2 and VCS 7.2.

7 REPLIES

Reposting due to formatting fail:

I've configured my VCS and CUCM as per the deployment guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-SIP-Trunk-to-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-CUCM-8-9-and-X8-1.pdf

It's been working fine for a couple of years, but when a CUCM phone calls a VCS registered endpoint its caller ID is still [directory number]@[CUCM-IP].

I've only recently decided to address this issue and I've gone through the guide with a fine tooth comb, but I still can't get it to dial out with either the calling name or [directory-number[@[cluster wide FQDN].

I do note that the guide specifically mentions setting up a SIP profile for phones, however all my phones are registered using SCCP so this option isn't availbable to me.

I should also note that the CUCM isn't using DNS as all - I don't imagine that's an issue as I still have the cluster FQDN set.

Any ideas? I'm using CUCM 8.6.2 and VCS 7.2.

Not sure if findme or CPL source rewrite works with ip-address based uri, but that might be workarounds you could look into.

There might be older postings around that as well.

Besides that I guess the proper way to go is to use CUCM9, better 10, proper domain setup and SIP on the phones.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Martin.  That would probably do it, but can you or anyone else tell me for sure that this is expected behaviour from SCCP phones in CUCM 8.6.2, or is it supposed to work?

I know this is over a year

I know this is over a year old, but since it's not answered maybe it will help someone... I've seen this before and by changing the SIP Trunk destination to be the fqdn of the VCS-C instead of IP address, calls will be passed with the CUCM domain in the source caller-id string. Just be sure to set the cluster and enterprise fqdn under Enterprise params.

Also worth mentioning you will need to have DNS servers set on CUCM for this trunk destination lookup to succeed.

And one more thing to add..

And one more thing to add.. in CUCM maybe around 9.x onward on the SIP trunk under the Outbound Calls section there is a caller-id setting which lets you select whether you want to outpulse the DN or the SIP URI for calls (or both)... that's more on the host portion of the caller-id, but you can control if the VCS endpoint will see 2001@domain.com or uri@domain.com.

You can create a search rule or transfor that will take the DN@CUCM_IP and convert it to DN@DOMAIN.

I would recomend a transform since you want the call to procede with the "new" DN this should allow the Caller ID on the VCS registered endpoint to see DN@domain.

something like

(.*)@CUCM_IP

replace

\1@YOUR_DOMAIN

This should allow you to not only see the correctr address but allow user to return the call with the redial missed call functionality.

But search rules and transforms only cange the destination pattern, not the source, which is what I'm trying to achieve.

I've already got callback working with a search rule that basically states (CUCM-dial-plan)@.* which encompasses both our SIP domain or a callback CUCM IP.

Views
Helpful
Replies