Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about encryption keys for TP Server 8710

I'm trying to find out the process for activating encryption keys for my Telepresence server clusters.

I know that we need the encryption license key (L-AESCDN7-K9).  Do we need one per chassis, or one per blade?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The encryption key is installed directly to each blade/server, so you would apply the key to each one.  Each blade/server has it's own key.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The encryption key is installed directly to each blade/server, so you would apply the key to each one.  Each blade/server has it's own key.

Hi All,

I have installed Telepresence Server on Virtual Machine (vTS). Can anyone tell me how I can get demo activation key?

Thanks

I don't think the virtual TelePresence Server has a demo mode, it's either activated or not.  In order to get it activated you'd have to purchase it and an appropriate number of screen licesnses.

TelePresence Server part number:  R-VTS-K9

1 screen license:  LIC-VTS-1SL

For more information, see the TelePresence Server data sheet.

Hi , i have the some question as uddinabu1.

In my case, I bought the nfr 10.x licenses but do not come any license for vts, and what I realized, I can only have conference bridge resources  with the vts if the connection between the conductor and the vts is TLS which  only work with encryption license. If you set TCP this will work? Is there any way to make a demo of multipoint conferences without this license?

Best Regards

TLS is a requirement for Conductor to work.  If I'm understanding you correct you're missing the encryption key?  You can get this key for $0, it's a free zero-dollar option key, contact licensing@cisco.com.  Your Cisco Account Manager should be able to help or local partner you purchased the virtual TelePresence Server through as well.

Part Number: L-AES-VTS-K9

Hi,
This is to thank you for your help and to inform,  that after all , the NFR always brought a U-VTS-BASE-PAK (that includes L-AES-VTS-K9 and L-VTS-K9) license that was what I needed, it brought there also the encryption key L-AES-VTS-K9 , which allowed me to configure TLS and put my solution  working.
For the conductor, I ordered a free license to the Licensing team and they arranged me this one (LIC-CNDTR-K9).
Best Regards.

Hello Patrick,

I have just installed the encryption key on vts 4.4 but the conductor is saying missing encryption key.... I checked the status of the conference bridge in the conductor and it's showing encryption key not enabled.

When I checked the telepresence server, it showed media encryption enabled. I have contacted licensing @cisco.com but they say the key is correct

I also have version 4.2 and it's showing enabled on both conductor and telepresence server. Is there an encryption key issue with vts version 4.4?does it require the conductor to be upgraded?

What software version is Conductor running?

If TelePresence Server is running 4.2 and later while Conductor is running XC4.0 and earlier, you will see an encryption key alarm on Conductor until you upgrade to XC4.1 and later. 

Hello,
The upgrade to version 4.1 of conductor resolved the missing encryption issue.

Hello Patrick, I noticed a new feature in conductor 4.1 called multiparty mode which could be pmp or smp. I have ts screen license 9 for two vts(though showing 4 cos of the cpu count of 8) I understand that the multiparty license manages the licenses of all the telepresence server. Does mean that with multi party license, the conductor can cascade the telepresence servers?

You can cascade TelePresence Servers as long as you have enough licenses, either screen licenses or multiparty licenses. Screen licenses are per participant, while multiparty licenses (PMP is named host and SMP is shared) are per conference.
In order to take advantage of multiparty licenses, you need to purchase either PMP, SMP, or a mix of both. I don't know about any offers going on at the moment, but you should contact your Account Manager, if might be possible to migrate from screen licenses to multiparty at a discounted cost.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: