Views
Helpful
Replies

Question regarding security and setup on EX90's

jbingham
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We are rolling out MANY EX90 units in TMS 13.0.2 and I have a couple of questions that I am hoping more of you advanced admins can answer.

First - we want to apply passwords to the administrator settings on the EX90 units. I know how to perform this when I SSH into the phone and use the xcommands. My question is - can this be done globally through TMS without having to do this one at a time?

Second - can I lock users out of the ringtone selection piece of the EX90 or lock the EX90 units down to a single ringtone?

I welcome any help or input on this.

Thanks,

Jeff

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff

Are you thinking about the menu password? In the configuration template page in TMS you can select a custom command. In the input field you put this string and change the password to what you want and then set it as a persistent push to the systems you want.

Custom CommandTANDBERG C-series Endpoint 1234

In regards to the ringtone I would need to test this but unfortunately I'm not in the office at the moment and do not have access to my EX. However you can select a specific ringtone by using the configuration template as well and set this to persistent. even though they change it, TMS will revert the ringtone to the one of your choice once every 24 hours regardless.

In terms of locking the users from changing this I need to do some tests. Maybe someone else might be able to answer this better than me for time being..

Hope this gave you some ideas to get you a few steps further.

/Magnus

/Magnus,

Let me give this a run! I appreciate your input. Much appreciated.

-Jeff

Is it possible to set the SSH password (systemtools passwd) from the TMS configuration templates using a custom command?

Hei Magnus!

Should it  be possible to use this for the admin password?

I tried it with a system behind firewall and it did not work for me:

T3st1234

I also once tried to use a custom xcommand with a reboot (also behind firewall to force to trigger an upgrade).

That also did not seem to have worked. (also tried the pre made boot command in the templates for c-series

which also does not work, but I hoped to find a workaround).

So are there commands which are not supported by TMS as a custom command (especially

if in behind firewall mode) or did I do something wrong?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

yes, you can set the admin password on all the EX90's devices which are provisioned with TMS, directly from the TMS.

steps to follow:

1. log in into TMS.

2. open the endpoint.

3. navigate to settings>edit settings.

4. in the Password field, enter the desired password.

5. click Save and then page will load.

6. click enforce management settings.

7. this will change the admin password of the desired EX90 unit.

in this way, you can change the admin password of all the endpoints direclty from TMS without accessing all the endpoints one at a time.