Views
Helpful
Replies

quick set c20 camera working wrong

mikaello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody!

I have 3 Tandberg Quick set c20 terminals. 1 terminal was configured 1 time, installed to a place and working fine. Other 2 were configured and worked fine too, but it was need to disconnect and then connect cameras few times - we changed the installation rooms. Possibly I mixes cameras and terminals and may be I connected #2 camera to the #3 terminal. In any case after the final installation these 2 cameras working wrong. Looks like it has no normal CameraControl - now camera do not change position by presets, remote control is not working normal etc. I compared 2 STATUS.XMLs and found that working fine terminal has the following:

<Camera item="1">

<Connected item="1">True</Connected>

<HardwareID item="1">51000000</HardwareID>

<Manufacturer item="1">TANDBERG</Manufacturer>

<Model item="1">PrecisionHD 1080p 4X</Model>

<SoftwareID item="1">S01718-4.0FINAL [ID:40056] 2010-02-11</SoftwareID>

<IpAddress item="1">-</IpAddress>

<MacAddress item="1">-</MacAddress>

<Position item="1">

<Pan item="1">399</Pan>

<Tilt item="1">46</Tilt><Zoom item="1">0</Zoom>

<Focus item="1">4580</Focus>

</Position>

</Camera>

but the wrong terminal has the following (do not pay attention on different additional tags - it has other firmware version):

<Camera item="1">

<Connected item="1">False</Connected>

<HardwareID item="1"/><Manufacturer item="1"/>

<Model item="1"/><SoftwareID item="1"/>

<SerialNumber item="1"/>

<IpAddress item="1"/>

<MacAddress item="1"/>

<Position item="1"><Pan item="1">0</Pan>

<Tilt item="1">0</Tilt><Zoom item="1">16</Zoom>

<Focus item="1">4000</Focus></Position>

<Capabilities item="1"><Options item="1"/></Capabilities>

<Flip item="1">Off</Flip>

</Camera>

I tried to change places of cameras and terminals, to reset terminals to factory defaults - it was no result.

I remember that at the 1st connection the terminals shows 1-2 minutes 'camera configuring...' sign while terminal starting. May be need to run re-init process for cameras? how to run it?

13 Replies 13

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It is perfectly ok to swap the cameras to be use with any codec in your case.

But the camera has to be detected by the codec for the system to work normally.

For your case, you can see that the camera status is false which means it is not detected by the codec.

you can try :

a) reboot the codec once the cameras with the control cables/HDMI cables are connected properly to the codec

b) swap the control cable of the 'good working' one with the 'non-working' one to see if it is a control cable issue

c) swap the cameras to see if it is a camera control port issue

d) swap the codec to see if it is a codec camera port issue

mikaello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

unfortunately I already changed cameras, codes, cables - no results.

Hi,

Then I suggest you open a TAC case for further troubleshooting.

Hi Stefano.

Unfortunately I couldn't open TAC ticket because of absence registering information.

Hi Amayak,

are you able to solve your issue with TAC?

I'm in the same situation.

Regards,

Stefano

Hi

Q: Do you see pictures from the faulty camera when connected to the codec ?

A: yes

Q: is all the camera's are 4x camera's ?

A: yes, all 3 cameras are the same

Q: what are the software version of the three C20 codec ? are they same ?

A: Yes, it were the same the when the problem appeared. Now I upgraded all codecs to the last firmware - no results.

I have 3 codecs and 3 cameras. I changed 2 cameras and 2 codecs and these cameras became bad. I reverted cameras back, reset settings at the codec - no results. I don't want to make experiment with the working fine camera#3 and codec #3

(sorry for my English)

Hi Amayak,

Couple of things I would like to ask you. What issues are you facing while opening a TAC case? You just need to give your contact information and the serial numbers of your camera and codec.

You mentioned that now you have 3 cameras and 3 codecs. Out of which 1 camera and 1 codec are working fine which you dont want to experiment with. Could you let me know what is the issue with these 2 cameras and 2 codecs, is it just that you are not able to control them using the codec? Please briefly explain what is the current situation. If the problem is the same which I mentioned, then I believe we can give one try to upgrade the Camera software using an FTP server.

Please let me know if further troubleshooting is possible on this case.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

yes, I am not able to control cameras using the codec after connection camera#2 to codec#1 and

camera#1 to codec#2.

Camera #3 weren't connect to other codecs - only to codec#1. and it working fine.

current state is: I can't control camera position via codec, I can't use presets, I can't change camera position via web interface. only when I direct codec's remote to the camera it changes the position.

Hi Amayak,

Can you try to upgrade the camera alone using the Ethernet. It looks to me that for some reason the camera has not upgraded and that is the reason why you're facing this issue. You can refer to this document below and follow the procedure to upgrade the camera. Once done, please share the results.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24351

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

thanks for idea. I will try when I will be free

Hi Mubashshir,

I read the posts again and found your question:

Couple of things I would like to ask you. What issues are you facing  while opening a TAC case? You just need to give your contact information  and the serial numbers of your camera and codec.

I can't open a case because we purchased this codec in 2010 and I haven't contact number. Is any other way to open case?

Hi Amayak,

Please follow the link below :

http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do

It should help you to open a TAC case. In case if you do not have any contract, you might need to contact CIN (Customer Interaction Network) to help you out.

You can reach them on the following number :

1-800-553-2447

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

it is perfectly fine to connect a camera to any other c20 codec. it should work.

however, the xstatus of the non-working camera shows that the camera is not detected by the codec

False

Camera control signals are send using the camera control cable. the camera control cable is a DSUB9-RJ45 cable. In case this cable is faulty, you will not be able to control or move the camera.

Do you see pictures from the faulty camera when connected to the codec ?

is all the camera's are 4x camera's ?

the camera upgrade its software version directly from the codec.

what are the software version of the three C20 codec ? are they same ?

i would suggest you to connect the non-working camera's to the 1st codec which is detecting the camera and check for the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: