Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickSet SX20 Dual Camera support

Dear All

I need to assure or confirm that QuickSet SX20 can support Dual Camera in any way.as i heared that it can work as a daisy chain option and with the combination of 1080p12x and 1080p4x camera.

Kindly confirm

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Umair Ahmed.

Though I would not want to rule out that it might be possible to do so and "missusing" the DVI port as the

secondary camera input, ...

You might have heard it from the other perspectice, the 4x camera can be used for daisy chaining,

but only one can be used and it must be at the end of the chain.

That said does not say that you can use two cams on the SX20.

I would expect that its not supported, but thats not an official statement.

What makes me believe so is if I look at the admin guide in the api description only camera 1 is mentioned.

For a proper two camera setup I would recommend you to use a C40 and upwards!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Umair Ahmed.

Though I would not want to rule out that it might be possible to do so and "missusing" the DVI port as the

secondary camera input, ...

You might have heard it from the other perspectice, the 4x camera can be used for daisy chaining,

but only one can be used and it must be at the end of the chain.

That said does not say that you can use two cams on the SX20.

I would expect that its not supported, but thats not an official statement.

What makes me believe so is if I look at the admin guide in the api description only camera 1 is mentioned.

For a proper two camera setup I would recommend you to use a C40 and upwards!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Dear Martin

So this means its not advisable to add another camera in SX20 and its better to use c40 for 2 camera of above.

and if you have an idea what are the cable required for preparing the daisy chain.

Thanks

It all depends on what you want to be able to do with the cameras.

While possibly not a supported solution, one that we came up with (as we only needed the control of one camera) is to use an HDMI Picture-in-Picture inserter between the cameras and the codec to send the images from both cameras to the SX20 as a single video feed.

The 2nd camera doesn't need to be a Cisco camera either which helped us reduce the overall cost of the solution.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

What model/make did you use for the HDMI PiP Inserter? I need to use a 2nd camera that is just focused on a whiteboard.

An Extron DVS 605 A.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne, what type of camera did you use?  You mentioned a less expensive one, is it a security camera, one used for cars?  Melinda

Hi Melinda,

We're currently using Panasonic AW-HE40 cameras so the people in the room can use a remote control to re-align them, and they also give us the ability to use their web interface remotely to Pan-Tilt-Zoom as required.

Wayne

Hi Wayne, one more question. The supplied camera cable to the SX20 seems to be an HDMI plus small port (camera control?). If we use a standard HDMI cable to the HDMI PIP Inserter, we lose the camera control. Is there another cable the establishes the camera control that is used in conjunction with a standard HDMI cable?

In our design pictured above, we use the standard cable that comes with the SX20, and connect the HDMI end to the DVS605's output, and the Visca control cable we just extend using Cat6A cable to the camera's control port.  If the distance is a long way (and there is significant voltage drop in the cable run), the Cisco camera may need to be powered with a separate power supply (PSU-12VDC-40W2=) at the camera end rather than relying on the control cable to power it.  Edit: We usually use the PHD-12X cameras, so the cables are standard HDMI and RJ45 connectors.  If you're using the older 4XS2 camera you may also need to purchase a CAB-PHD4XS2-SPLIT cable (see Page 20 of the Camera Guide).

Wayne

Hello Martin

Cisco official datasheet say that sx20 with 12x optical zoom support daisy chain

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-sx20-quick-set/data_sheet_c78-688342.html

Table 2

Can you tell, how i can connect two CTS-PHD1080P12XS2 to CTS-SX20N ?

What cables i need to connect two CTS-PHD1080P12XS2 to CTS-SX20N ?

Cisco official camera datasheet there is no support in sx20 in daisy chain connection with PHD1080P12X. What is wrong ?

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precisionhd_1080p-720p_camera_user_guide.pdf

page 22

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: