cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Manually" Usage of the TMS-Service URL for Queries?

MG.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The Service URL for TMS is https://tms-update.cisco.com/webservices/product/v1.0/Software/SoftwareService_ES

And as far as I know it's (e.g.) used to determine if a service contract for a device is valid, when it expires etc.

I would like to know if it's possible to just type in e.g. a hw-serial or contract-number in the web-form and receive additional information (expire-date) via the webpage? I've tried a couple of different inputs/ combinations of serial numbers, mac-addresses, contract numbers but without success...I receive the same error.

Additionally I've figured out, that the above mentioned webpage is only displayed correctly (=without javascript errors) on safari on mac as well as safari on my iphone - but @work i've only an IE available....so i've tried several browsers (also webkit based ones...), to change the user agent etc...without success :/

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with my two main questions:

1) is it generally possible to get e. g. contract information from this website (by entering e. g. a serial number, contract number, etc) and if yes: how? 

2) why is the webpage only displayed correctly on safari for mac as well as safari on an iphone/ how to view the page correctly on the IE?

Thank you very much,

M. G.

6 Replies 6

juriss
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that is intended for TMS based quieries...

Why not use:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/tandbergLicenseLookup

You do need a Cisco SSO login, but we use that a lot because you can see the actual contract # and the expiration date

I believe that the contract need to be associated with your SSO account

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

your link is useful, but the idea was to write an xml/soap query to automatically get these information for an huge environment and as well as to keep them up-to-date etc.

You can get this information now through TMS; Systems/System Overview/General Settings; Service Contract Status, Service Contract Expiry Date etc - which can be exported to Excel. Won't give you service contract number though.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Agree with Jens....   we have approx 850 end points and we use this function in TMS all the time...  It one of the best features they added to TMS   It saves us a ton of time

I would like to see the contract# and the type of service...  e.g. Contract 1234567 - ECDN

I agree with both the other guys.  We use a combination of the TMS System Overview (to see if a device is covered and expiry date) and the LicenceLookup web site (for the actual contract number) to keep track of all the contracts on all of our equipment.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Steve Kapinos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This page is an internal webservice interface and is not designed, nor authorized for direct queries by users.  

You can use TMS's System Overview and it's ticketing capabilities to report on this information in bulk.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: