Views
Helpful
Replies

Ratio of bridge ports recommended

Avonr5199
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to find the recommend bridge port ratio required versus endpoints and MOVI accounts.  We started about a year ago to centralize our videoconferencing capabilities and built our infrastructure. Since then we have setup our TMS, 3 VCS Gateways, 1 VCS Expressway, 1 ISDN Gateway and 2 MSE 8510 blades with one having 80 SD ports. We now have 150 enpoints and 250 MOVI accounts and I'm looking to purchase more bridge ports for the second MSE 8510 and then cluster the two together.Given how fast we have grown I'm trying to establish how many ports in total should we have to accomadate this amount of systems and if there's a recommend ratio/formula we can use has a base line.

Thanks

Robert

1 Reply 1

Garvan Long
Level 1
Level 1

This is a depends question.

It comes down to the type of calling your organisation does and what servcie level expetations there are for the users.

What happens when a user tries to start a confernece and there are no more ports left ?

If you run TMS you cna run reports on the number of calls that are point to point as opposed to point to multipoint and this will give you a break down of the numbers of multiste conferences currently taking place. If you have TMS analyticis you could also use it to work out your peak MCU usage.

It may also be worth talking to your voice team as they would have gone through this calcualatio for voice lines and  and voice conferenicng ports.

The voice world uses erlangs to plan capacity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlang_%28unit%29

Remember you will also need a VCS Call licence for each bridge port aswell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: