Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording a Conference

sujeeshkj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In our VC Infrastructure we have 10 end pointsand the following components.

• VCS Control
  • VCS Expressway
  • TMS
  • TCS
  • MCU
  • ISDN Gateway 3241

In the current configuration the End-points can make a singe call.If it call the TCS for recording the first call go oh HOLD.We dont have multisite license on End points.

Is there any way I can achive the recording without Multisite licesnse?

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

In order to record a call in TCS having more than one participant, you need to host the multipoint conference either using the endpoint (if it supports and have multisite enable) or using MCU. TCS has no multipoint resource, therefore, you should host the conference out of TCS, so that TCS will receive one single call from the multipoint host.

In your case, as your endpoints don't have multisite feature, you can host the conference in your MCU, then you add TCS as a participant in your MCU's meeting, so that you will be able to record the multipoint conferences.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo,

Thank you very much for your support.

Can we achive it threw Multiway?If its possible do we need to adda nay aditional components or licenses?

Thank you!

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you don't already have the multiway option key on your codecs, than you'd have to purchase those keys. Or else use your MCU to bridge all the participants and TCS together. Either way, as Paulo mentioned, using a multiway enabled codec or MCU will get you the desired result you want.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: