cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording indicator does not work since MCU upgrade (8510 to 8710)

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

I have searched high and low for an answer on this including our own configuration but i just cant find the answer so I hope someone can help.

I have a client who has upgraded his MCU from an 8510 to an 8710. Before the upgrade, when the conference was being recorded by the content server (Gen 1) a red dot would be displayed on screen indication that the conference was being recorded. Since the upgrade this no longer happens.

The odd thing is, when we are recoding a conference on our content server via our 8710 the indicator is displayed.

Has this been removed when the upgrade took place?

Was it removed by design?

Is it a bug?

Is there a way of getting it back?

I cannot see a configurable option on the TCS or TPS for the recording indicator.

Hope someone can help

Kind regards

Luke

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't have any TPS at the moment to check, but it was a configurable option on the MCU, and I'd expect the same on the TelePresence Server.

On the MCU it is under Settings > Conferences, in the Conference settings section, there is a Check Box for the "Recording Indicator" Overlaid icon.

Another thing to note, as per the Release Notes that Patrick linked earlier, the TelePresence Server overlays these icons, when appropriate, over the video streams composed and set to endpoints.  If ActiveControl is enabled, the TelePresence Server sends the icon state information to endpoints so that endpoints can use their own indications (where supported). So, check whether you have ActiveControl enabled or not, and try the opposite to see if the icons appear on screen on the endpoints you are using.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you know what the software version of the 8510 migrated to TelePresence Server is running?  What is the version of your TPS that does show the icon?

Are you both using the same methods of creating the conference, and what is the process you're each using?  Is Conductor managing the TelePresence Servers or are they directly managed by TMS, also is the TCS running in terminal or gateway mode?

Looking back at the TelePresence Server Release Notes, starting in 3.1, the recording indicator was added.