Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Reg: C20

Dear Experts!!!

This is the first time working for video conferencing solution. Required Solution for communicating 20 locations.

I gone through the Cisco site and understood that C20 is enough for customer requirement as buidget is concern thing here.

Will you tell me what is bandwidth required for point to point video conferecning???

Is it ok  if i give one C20 for each location.  ( just i need point to point call).

What i required, point to multipoint call with regarrds to the C20????

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Janardhan

• TelePresence
1 REPLY
Bronze

Reg: C20

Hi Janardhan,

Here are your reply for query:

1. Will you tell me what is bandwidth required for point to point video conferecning???

Bandwidth utilization depend on two most important thing i.e. frame rate and resolution for video, I attached image which define matrix for bandwidth usage in reference to frame rate and resolution.

You can set following details using following configuration:

xConfiguration Video Input Source [1..3] optimalDefinition Profile

The Video Input Source Quality setting must be set to Motion for the optimal definition settings to take

any effect.

The optimal definition profile should reflect the lighting conditions in your room and the quality of the

video input (camera); the better the lighting conditions and video input, the higher the profile. Then, in

good lighting conditions, the video encoder will provide better quality (higher resolution or frame rate)

for a given call rate.

Generally, we recommend using the Normal or Medium profiles. However, when the lighting

conditions are good, the High profile can be set in order to increase the resolution for a given call

rate.

Some typical resolutions used for different optimal definition profiles, call rates and transmit frame

rates are shown in the table below. It is assumed that dual video is not used. The resolution must be

supported by both the calling and called systems.

Use the Video Input Source OptimalDefinition Threshold60fps setting to decide when to use the 60

fps frame rate.

Requires user role:  ADMIN

Value space:

Normal: Use this profile for a normally to poorly lit environment. Resolutions will be set rather

conservative.

Medium:  Requires good and stable lighting conditions and a good quality video input. For some

call rates this leads to higher resolution.

High: Requires nearly optimal video conferencing lighting conditions and a good quality video

input in order to achieve a good overall experience. Rather high resolutions will be used.

Example: xConfiguration Video Input Source 1 OptimalDefinition Profile: Normal

2. Is it ok  if i give one C20 for each location.  ( just i need point to point call).: - You can use individual C20 and you can make point to point call using IP address, till they are reachable to each other

you have to make sure of following configuration:

xConfiguration Conference [1..1] DefaultCall Protocol

Set the Default Call Protocol to be used when placing calls from the system.

Value space:

H.323: Select H.323 to ensure that calls are set up as H.323 calls.

Sip:  Select SIP to ensure that calls are set up as SIP calls.

Example: xConfiguration Conference 1 DefaultCall Protocol: H323 : by default this is the value and you don't need to make any changes.

xConfiguration H323 Profile [1..1] CallSetup Mode

The H.323 Call Setup Mode defines whether to use a Gatekeeper or Direct calling when establishing

H323 calls.

NOTE: Direct H.323 calls can be made even though the H.323 Call Setup Mode is set to Gatekeeper.

Value space:

Direct: An IP-address must be used when dialling in order to make the H323 call.

Gatekeeper:  The system will use a Gatekeeper to make a H.323 call. When selecting this option

the H323 Profile Gatekeeper Address and H323 Profile Gatekeeper Discovery settings must also

be configured.

Example: xConfiguration H323 Profile 1 CallSetup Mode: Gatekeeper : you have to change this configuration to Direct

3. What i required, point to multipoint call with regarrds to the C20???? : For multipoint call you need to have MCU as C20 doesn't support multisite.

Regards,

Vivek

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.