Views
Helpful
Replies

Regex problem from VCSc X7.1

CMONJARET
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

On our VCS Control X7.1, I try to create a rule with regex to limit IP range for the communications. For exemple, when I put on regex string, the regex :

(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})

And, when I do a locate from VCS Control with IP address "1.2.3.4", I have an response "Not found".

Doing an other test, I replace the previous regex by :

(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.)

The result is that when I put in locate "1.2.3.", the response is good. Even if that's not an IP address , but it was just for the test.

An other test with the regex :

(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.test)

The result of the locate with "1.2.3.test" is good also.

On the first regex "(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})", I have the impression that VCS doesn't take into account the fourth digit of the IP address, wheareas the regex seems good.

Is it an error of me (on the regex rule), or is someone receive a same result that me?

Thanks for your help.

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just did a test with..

(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})

I left the last digit of the IP address off as well as replacing it with a word as in your tests, and all scenarious I got the same results as you.  All of your regex examples and what your searching for against them all look correct, and I don't see an issue with them.

What is it you're looking to accomplish?  Do you want it to just check a 4 octect IP address containing only numbers, or let any combination of addresses such as #.#.#.#, #.#.#, or #.#.#.text allowed?

If the later, try..

(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.(.*))

Using (\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}) in regex, the end result will affect all IP addresses.  The \d(1,3) will match any number ranging from 1 to 3 digits.

Hello again,

Thanks for you quick response.

I know that "(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})" result all IP address and even 999.999.999.999...

In fact, I would like to create IP address ranges on the regex rule, in order to inhibit some IP address.

Also, I test to create a regex test with in pattern string :

And the result (locate) is "Not found", whereas the pattern "1.2.3.", the locate is true.

Other test with pattern string :

a.b.c.d

The locate is true.

It's strange, because it's like if the VCS refuses a fourth digit, whereas a fourth alphacharacter is allowed.

I am not sure if this is the right way to go.

IP dialing can be a bit strange on the vcs

Are these internal ip addresses or external ones, sip or h323?

Can you descibe a complete use case?

If its on the VCSc / internal network I would most likely check if I could use

local sub zone member ship rules and then use a CPL to allow specific zones

to be able to talk to each other or forbid it.

For external calls also a cpl might also be possible.

Also: IP address aliases are not supported for pattern matching

But to really say what to do I would have to understand what you want and then see what you really need ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello,

The idea will be to restrain some IP address from VCSc which dial on H323, in order that the users can't dial those IP address, but others so.

For exemple, IP address from 100.0.0.0 to 101.0.0.0 work, and the others don't work. Thus, the users can dial only the IP address 100.0.0.0 to 101.0.0.0, and an other dialling, they will have a message "Connection impossible".

After, there is no property on publics IP address or private IP address.

I take back my last sentence :

After, there is no priority on publics IP address or private IP address.

Use sub zone member ship rules based on ip ranges and make a cpl who is allowed to call who.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I'm going to look that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: