Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering SIP Cisco Jabber Camera to my VCS

willpkk01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

I'm still learning VTC related stuff and I have an issue. My boss wants me to learn how to register these new Cisco cams to the Cisco VCS and we do have 2 cams already configured to two computers and they show up as 2 SIP endpoints. The previous guy who had my job forgot how to add SIP Cisco jabber endpoints on the network. 

We have a Cisco TMS and a VCS and I'm trying to figure out how to link the accounts from the TMS to the VCS. I can use 2 different accounts to login from the cisco jabber application on the computers that we use, but the new ones that im trying to sync just dont work. 

I know they key is provisioning the accounts from the TMS to the VCS somehow. Does anyone have like a step by step or just a simple explanation on how to do this? 

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

I don't understand what you mean by "Cisco Cams" - as you don't register cameras?

Are you using Cisco JabberVideo for Telepresence (aka Movi), or Cisco Jabber, the UC client?

If Cisco JabberVideo, which is EOL/EOS, then you need to provide version, TMS version and VCS software version. This will determine which provisioning type you need to use.

If you are using Cisco Jabber, the UC client, then you need CUCM.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Sir, It's the Cisco JabberVideo for Telepresence (aka Movi). I'm having trouble having the accounts that I create from the TMS to sync with the VCS because I believe ..that you need to configure it like that right? to be honest I'm a bit lost with that. I know we have 2 Cams registered via SIP to the VCS with two accounts with different users names tied to them.

Am I supposed to create the accounts in the TMS first and somehow press a sync button in the VCS or do I have the manually create usernames in the VCS and manually tie it to the TMS..Sorry for my ignorance.

You need to create the accounts first in TMS, not the VCS, and they should automatically sync up as long as everything is working correctly. The manuals are all here - I don't know what version you are running:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/telepresence-management-suite-extensions/products-installation-guides-list.html

Thank you again!

Thank you for your feedback. Will look into closer.