cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reinstall Content Server (TTC2-03) Hard drive problem...

pelayo_88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My Tandberg Content Server hard drive had die recently. I tried to recover all data before this but i could only recover the system partition and with many errors.

Now I have a new hard drive connected that have many problems with the content server installed software. And the most importat, It don't have the SQL database partition. I tried to repaire the tandberg software from Add/Remove Programs but always fail (SQL error). I tried to reinstall the software (http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/content_server/) but it give always an error (SQL error or "Failed to find serial number"). I unninstall SQL and reinstall the same version "Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine 8.0" and try but it fail too.

I think i need to install the 1.0 version that is not in the Tandberg FTP. If someone could help me with this or give a contact that can help me i would be very very happy.

Sorry for my english and thank you all.

2 Replies 2

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Pelayo,

Unfortunately if you were not able to recover the SQL database partition, then you will not be able to re-import your data back onto your TCS with the new hard drive. The SQL database holds all of the metadata for the video files.

The reason you cannot run a repair is because you do not have the SQL database to connect to.

Unfortunatley you will likely have to re-install TCS completely and start from a fresh image.

To restore a TCS onto a new hard drive successfully, you would have needed to take a back up of the SQL database for the TCS, as well as copy the entire E:\ drive on the content server. Next you will install the new hard drive and re-install the TCS application. Once you do this, you can simply erase the E:\ drive on the new hard drive, and copy the old E:\ onto the new hard drive, then load the backup that you took onto the new SQL database. After this you can run the repair for TCS and you should be good to go!

Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Pelayo -

Which hard drive failed, C or E?  If it was C, and E is fine, E is where the Content Server database is held and can be copied.  Did you contact Cisco for an RMA of the Content Server, which is what should have been done instead of simply replacing the hard drive? 

Chad -

Hello .  Is the serial number error because of the SQL database, or because it's a new hard drive lacking specific information that identifies it as a TCS server?  I know we tried a long time ago as a test to install the TCS application on a server of ours that wasn't a provided TCS  server from Cisco, adn we got that "Tailed to find serial number" error  as we believed Cisco has specific data in the registry or somewhere that identifies it  as a TCS server with it's serial number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: