cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rejected. Security Denial

jcollins3
Level 1
Level 1

We have a TANDBERG Codec C40 Software TC4.2.0.260857 the system Info Staus shows Rejected. Security Denial?

Any Ideas?

John

8 Replies 8

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

can you provide more details ? a screenshot of same ?

is this error is for registration ?

Hi Amit

Unable to provide screenshot but this error is to do with the SWGFL Gatekeeper registration.

The SWGFL site error shows 'Invalid H323 Alias' but the H323 settings on both SWGFL and Tandberg Codec C40 are the same.

We have another VC in the next classroom an Athera Vega 3 using the same Vlan and Switches which has no problem in registering with SWGFL?

I can see the logs but not sure what I am looking for.

Thank you for helping.

John

Hi John,

Did you clear this issue?

I have similar problem with a new  C40 version TCNC6.2.0.20b1616, I can no registered to VCS starter pack.

this new codec will replace and old C40 (TANDBERG Codec Release TC4.1.0.247017)   which works fine.

for h323 :Rejected: Security denia

for SIP : Failed: 401 Unauthorised

Checking logs in VCS -SP I see many Reason="Time difference too large for authentication", but I'm using the same NTP server as in old C40.

regards

TC4.1.0.247017 has encryption

TCNC6.2.0.20b1616 does not have encryption - are you sure you've got the correct software version? - just curious - and what is the zone security policy set to for the zone you are trying to register the system to?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

SystemUnit Software Version: "TC4.2.4.296355"

Authentication is off.

H323 Gatekeeper Status: Rejected

H323 Gatekeeper Address: "62.171.194.50"

H323 Gatekeeper Port: 1719

H323 Gatekeeper Reason: "Security denial"

Still waiting for SWGFL to check there end.

John

Hi Jens,

Thanks a lot for your comments, Finally I could register c40 with SIP  and H323  protocol.

I don´t know why in SIP option "Authentication 1 " the fields at the beginning couldn't keep the user an password info even  I clicked save option (fields were shown in blanks). I had to load the conf file of the old C40 so that  info could remains. Surely I did not enable the  option (I don't know where it is) so that user and pass could be kept.

So that I could registered c40 with h323 I had to select the option " do not check credentials" in default zone and default subzone.

For security I need to handle credentials at least with local database, I don´t understand why I had to disable credentials if I had set local user and password correctly so that credentials were acepted.

regards

Hi Filiberto,

I wonder if the software version on this new system has something to do with it as it is different from the version you have on the original system; the original, which worked ok, has TC whereas this new one has TCN. TC supports encryption whereas TCN does not.Having said that, I have no experience with TCN software so I'm only guessing here.

Maybe one of the Cisco engineers hanging out in this forum will be able to shed some light on this.

/jens

Hi Jens,

I really appreciate your time and comments. I will try to migrate to encryption version and carry out tests.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: