Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Release key

Hi 

I have a release key for tcnc6.3.1 now i want to upgrade to tc6.3.1.

How to get the release key for tc 6.3.1 and will i get it free? 

"This was originaly posted as a blog which was deleted" 

2 REPLIES

There are no release keys for

There are no release keys for the latest version of firmware. As long as you are able to download the firmware from CCO, you should be set.

Please rate useful posts.
VIP Green

What George has posted is

What George has posted is slightly wrong.  While software versions from TC6.1 onwards no longer require a specific release key, a device still needs to have a valid release key installed (for an one of the releases of software), and that key needs to be from the same software train (ie TC or TCNC) as the software you are installing.

Doing a search in these forums shows this question, or similar, has been asked a number of times before where the answer is:

If you have an active service contract on your device, you should contact Cisco TAC with your Endpoint Serial Number and service contract information and they will be able to assist in converting you from a TCNC to a TC licence/release key (assuming you're in a country that the TC software is allowed in).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Views
Helpful
Replies