Views
Helpful
Replies

Release Keys and TC6 Software

Michael McClain
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It was my understanding that once endpoints were upgraded to TC6 that release keys would not be needed to upgrade to new dot releases in TC6. I am currently upgrading our endpoints to TC6.2.0 and have run into a few that will not upgrade to that release, even though they are already at TC6. Some are running TC6.0.1 and some are running TC6.1.1. Any explanations as to why these endpoints will not go to TC6.2.0?   

Thank you,

Mike            

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

I had to ssh into my ex60s, turn root on, SCP tc6.2 into the upgrade/upload folders. Upon uploading the software I ran a command to kick off the install. The same OSD install prompt was viewable from the ssh shell. Once the device rebooted I had to add the tc6 release key again but everything worked out..... Ha.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael,

When you say "these endpoints will not go to TC6.2.0?", do you mean you are receiving some error message when upgrading? What is the error?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo,

I do not receive any kind of error. I load the TC^.2 software package on the endpoint and start the upgrade. When the upgrade is finished and I log back into the endpoint, they are at the same release as when I started.

Michael,

Which endpoints are you trying to upgrade??

Be aware that, for SX20, the upgrade image is different than the C series products. Make sure that you are using the correct image.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

I did not know that about the SX20, thank you. One of the systems was an SX20, the other two were an EX60 and a C60.

Hi Michael,

The image for SX20 has the name s52010tc6_2_0.pkg whereas C/EX/MX series has the name s52000tc6_2_0.pkg.

Another tip, when you are upgrading, when you click in browse to select the file from your computer, don't forget to check the option "Upgrade automatically after upload", otherwise the image will be loaded, but the upgrade wont be done.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Hi Paulo,

Yes, I am aware of all of that, we have over 800 endpoints. I am wondering why a few of them will not go to TC6.2.0

Michael,

Tell me something, when you attempt to upgrade, did the codec restart?

Regards

Paulo Souza

i am doing them remotely. i loose my connection when it reboots, but i am not so sure that happens with successful upgrades

I've got one C40 which will not take any image when upgrading through TMS, upgrading this through the web gui on the codec works though.

I've also got two C20 which will only upgrade sucessfully when upgrading through the web gui, but only when I'm on the same switch as these particular systems. I have no such problem with the third C20, sitting on the very same subnet, and located in the very same room.

Maybe you're running into a similar issue?

I haven't had time to look into why this is happening with these three systems, weird though, and only started after going to TC6.x.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

I'm having similar issues. I added the release key via the web gui of 2 ex60s. I then rebooted the endpoint confirming tc5 and tc6 keys were held on the device. I then browsed to the tc6.2 software via the endpoint's web gui and kicked off the upload. It simply hangs and doesn't upload. Strangely I was able to upgrade a c20 via tms 13.2.1 just fine though. Thoughts anyone?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

It simply hangs and doesn't upload. 

Are you sure it's hanging... the upload via the web browser just sits there and looks like it's doing nothing for quite a long time.  Does it work if you leave it longer (5+ minutes)?

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I kicked off an upload on another c40 when I was leaving work. I figure come more it should have produced some type of result.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I just timed an upgrade on an EX90 here in the office.

Time from clicking upgrade and watching a spinning circle on the browser = 4 minutes before anything changed on the screen and the upgrade process could be seen as starting.

Upgrade process to reboot = another 3 minutes.

Reboot to operational = about 2.5 mins

TOTAL TIME ~9.5 minutes

Edit: did a C60 and an SX20 too - roughly the same times for those too.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

While I know it's frustrating for all of you, I am glad I am not the only one having this issue. I tried the systems I am having issues with again yesterday. Uploaded the Release Key, rebooted as normal. When I go to upload the TC6, I see that I only have Release Keys for TC4, TC5, and TC1. See below:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: