Views
Helpful
Replies

Release Keys and TC6 Software

Michael McClain
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It was my understanding that once endpoints were upgraded to TC6 that release keys would not be needed to upgrade to new dot releases in TC6. I am currently upgrading our endpoints to TC6.2.0 and have run into a few that will not upgrade to that release, even though they are already at TC6. Some are running TC6.0.1 and some are running TC6.1.1. Any explanations as to why these endpoints will not go to TC6.2.0?   

Thank you,

Mike            

23 Replies 23

From what I have seen, I can explain your "no v6, but a v1 key" issue.

TC6.2 and above only require that a valid licence key is present (doesn't matter which version).

For some devices, i cant find a pattern why, but if you request an upgrade to 6.2 key via http://cisco.com/go/licence you will get a TC1.0 key (1TC001-xxxxxxxx). This will work for a TC6.2 upgrade, bot not an earlier version of 6.

If you request an earlier version 6 key (ie 6.1 or 6.0) ftrom go/licence, you will get a proper V6 key (1TC006-xxxxxxxxx)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Also what browser are you using? When I use IE it times out every now and then.

Firefox and Chrome work the best for me when uploading files.

Firefox is our usual browser, but I have tried IE as well.

When I upgrade codes I add the release key and when prompted to reboot I click later.

I then upload the file and let the codec rebook itself as part of the upgrade. This way I have never had an issue with the codec not accepting the release key or upgarde file.

Hi Michael,

You should be able to upgrade from TC 6.0/6.1 to TC 6.2 without problem. As per TC 6.1, it is not need to generate new release key, you can use a release key of any previous version, except TC 5.1.X because of a bug in the web interface.

Well, I suggest you to do the following:

• Downgrade to the latest TC 5 version (I guess it is TC 5.1.8)
  • Go to the Cisco license page and generate a release key for TC 6 (you need a valid contract support)
  • Upgrade the codec from TC 5 to TC 6.2

Can you try this?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

I had to ssh into my ex60s, turn root on, SCP tc6.2 into the upgrade/upload folders. Upon uploading the software I ran a command to kick off the install. The same OSD install prompt was viewable from the ssh shell. Once the device rebooted I had to add the tc6 release key again but everything worked out..... Ha.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Darin!

Its always worth trying to use scp to copy the file over.

As Haydn also mentioned, your webbrowser or plugin can be the cause or for example that you have

a firewall or proxy which kills a connection.

It would be great if Cisco could put a md5 check into the upgrade process or also as a command

line tool on the endoint so you could validate the checksum with the one shown on the cisco.com download site.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Could someone explain the difference between the releases keys?

TC.6

and

TC.6.1 +

Some of my equipment Cisco SX20 are having problem in updating, and realized that they do not have this license TC6.1 +?